Gallery Automatically Selecting 'Modded' when Saving a Lot with no CC The Sims 4

by BreakingPlum7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Gallery Automatically Selecting 'Modded' when Saving a Lot with no CC The Sims 4

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Except My First Pets Stuff Pack and Toddler Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am not too sure how you can find the Bug as I don't know if its just myself experiencing this bug
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time I go to a new lot to build, Even with nothing Placed on the lot, (I'm talking literally a blank lot) it shows as 'Modded'. When I go to save the lot to the gallery or upload it, It auto selects it as modded, even when there is nothing placed. I have already tried removing all of my CC from my Mods folder, Updating, reinstalling the game but none of this has helped.
What do you expect to see? When no CC is used, the 'Modded' section on The gallery isn't auto selected, or at least give us an option to un-tick this if we aren't using any CC
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This happened immediately after June 20th Patch.

It might be worth noting that once the apparent Modded lot is uploaded, it doesn't show any CC when you click on the Spanner Icon

Message 1 of 15 (2,242 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Gallery Automatically Selecting 'Modded' when Saving a Lot with no CC The Si

★★ Novice
I Managed to decipher the cause. I had all of my mods in the recycling bin on my PC.
I deleted them one by one and loaded up the game after each single deletion. It finally stopped showing as Modded once I permanently deleted a mod called 'MTS_GoBananas_1760803_GameDevelopmentCareer'
So problem now solved. Thank you for your help Standard smile

View in thread

Message 11 of 15 (2,695 Views)

All Replies

Re: Gallery Automatically Selecting 'Modded' when Saving a Lot with no CC The Si

Hero
Did you create a new save and tested with no mods added at all to the game? Does it also do that ?

Are you generally just using custom content or mods as well ? There have been issues in the past, where a certain mod/cc caused this even though not added to the lot or even if a save had mods before.

Did you also delete your localthumbcache ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (2,232 Views)

Hero

HI @BreakingPlum7

did you have any luck fixing this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 15 (2,210 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (2,192 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for your response. 

Yes I removed all mods, and also deleted localthumbcache 

All still the same still. Still shows as modded 😭

Message 5 of 15 (2,181 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, no, no luck. Still shows as modded after trying previous responders suggestions 😔

Message 6 of 15 (2,180 Views)

★★ Novice
Might be worth noting I also started a whole new game after reinstalling with no CC or Mods whatsoever, so in a fresh game with no saves containing Cc or Mods it still shows as modded.
Message 7 of 15 (2,175 Views)

Hero

Hi @BreakingPlum7

that sounds rather strange. I downloaded your lot into my game and saved to my library and it didn't show as using cc.

Could you try creating a new Windows User and starting the game from that.

Then start a fresh game and see if you still have this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (2,158 Views)

★★ Novice
Did the lot on the Gallery have the 'Modded' Spanner Icon at the far top left when you downloaded it? as if it doesn't show on anyone else's gallery then that's fine by me, I am wondering if it is just showing Modded on my account but it isn't visible to anyone else...
Message 9 of 15 (2,144 Views)

Hero
It showed as nodded in your gallery profile but then once downloaded it wasn't.

Not sure why it was marked modded for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 15 (2,137 Views)