Re: GTX 1070 support needed

by UKStefanWentz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

GTX 1070 support needed

★ Novice
The card is not in the database which I'm surprised about due to the fact it's a top of the range card. Because of this I'm getting sticking a lot, I think this is a frame rate drop. Anyone else getting this issue? I do think it's easy sorted as maybe it's down to the game not sure how to react with the graphics due to it not knowing what and who the graphics card is.
Message 1 of 5 (1,916 Views)

Accepted Solution

From what I know the support for the GTX 1070 has been added in the latest patch for The Sims 4. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (2,414 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

Do you have GeForce Experience? If not it can help. get it, the Sims 4 is in there. Let that app optimize the game for you. That's the easiest way, the other option is editing the SGR file as we did in Sims 3 for new graphics cards.

Message 2 of 5 (1,896 Views)

From what I know the support for the GTX 1070 has been added in the latest patch for The Sims 4. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 3 of 5 (2,415 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Phantomlover1717 @UKStefanWentz Indeed it has.

I checked the file for that and, the following cards have been added.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan X (Pascal)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

Message 4 of 5 (1,868 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you to everyone for your advice, i'm not sure if its because of the new update or if the issues were due to playing the game for the first time after the database warning but everything seems to be fine now Large smile All the advice has been a great help and cant thank you all enough for the responses. 

Message 5 of 5 (1,843 Views)