[GTW] Alien pregnancy

by Jan_831

Original Post

[GTW] Alien pregnancy

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

My male Sim was abducted by Aliens and became pregnant.  The pregnancy lasted for an entire Sim week, unlike the 3 days for a human baby.  He went into labor and that lasted a day and a half (Sim time).  He is in the Scientist Career and there was no option to take maternity leave.  While in labor when it was time for him to go to work, my only options were join or send alone so I joined him so he could leave early which cost him a huge loss in performance.  He did finally have the baby 5 hours after leaving work.  

I checked the forum to see how pregnancy worked for Male Sims and I couldn't find anything about how long the pregnancy should last or how long labor lasted so I am not sure if this is a bug, but it seems a bit much for labor to last 36 Sim hours and the pregnancy to last for a full week.  I tried clicking on have the baby, and I got the message that said he was about to have the baby, but that made no difference.  I tried that three times.

I checked the list of reported bugs and did not see this there.

I do not use mods.

Message 1 of 13 (14,470 Views)

Re: Alien pregnancy

Hero

I think it was 3-4 days for me.

I don't think it's a bug that he can't take maternity leave since he doesn't really know he's pregnant. He thinks it's a stomach bug or something. What sounds bugged is that you couldn't have the baby when clicking on have baby. Did you have the option to go tot the hospital ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (14,454 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

No, the hospital never came up as an option.   Also at first I didn't think he got pregnant because nothing happened.  He didn't start complaining about his stomach and the moodlet didn't come up with the pacifier until 5 days after he was abducted.  Then his belly started to pop.  The whole process from when he got abducted to when he had the baby took 2 Sim weeks. 

Message 3 of 13 (14,446 Views)

Hero

Do you still have a save game where your Sim is pregnant but the baby is not here yet ? If so, willing to share your save game ? If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\, upload to mediafire or dropbox and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (14,431 Views)

★ Guide

I saved last night after he had the baby.  I'm not sure if I have a save where he is pregnant.  I just got home and it is late.  I will check tomorrow and let you know.  If I have a save I will send it to you.

Message 5 of 13 (14,411 Views)

Stupid Male pregnancy

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yeah How long does this ridiculous male pregnancy last? I'm pretty sure it's been over 5 * days. 

and when will the patch come where you can disable it entirely and not rely on cheats and satelites to solve this problem? I worked hard on my sim to get him where he is and I can't even * complete his daily task because of this LUCKY  transformation its aweful and I hope you receive enough complaints and loss of players to seriously reconsider this huge inconvience or lessen the duration of it because it's like some kind of late april fools joke that's not even funny anymore I don't even want to play anymore if this is going to happen anywhere I have a * ton of satelites on my house but I highly doubt thats not going to do much but ya what a shame hoping the next patch allows players to disable this or it being removed entirely. 

Message 6 of 13 (14,377 Views)

Re: Stupid Male pregnancy

★★★ Novice

I'm that angry.... I was hoping a full house would prevent this from happening. I've been on multiple forums and there aren't very many fans of this I don't even want to play anymore Frown 

Message 7 of 13 (14,375 Views)

Hero (Retired)

hi crin not sure which alien  male pregnancy thread to post this in but anyways i have 2 couples 2 married aliens  1 human+1 alien both females are pregnant the human male was abducted and is now pregnant  this is where it got funny the wives are about to enter the third trimester the alien male is sitting next to his wife and boom a pop up notice he is now eating for two

Message 8 of 13 (14,316 Views)

Hero

I never got that pop-up for my male Sim that got abducted and pregnant. 

Does he have a pregnancy moodlet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (14,303 Views)

Hero (Retired)

my bad it's the male alien who is now eating for two the partner gets pregnant  too issue i only had those two try for baby took the test it was positive for her when she entered the third trimester i got the pop up for him that he is now eating for two he didn't get pregnant  at the same time as her like the other users his happened/appeared close to entering the third trimester for her

Message 10 of 13 (14,289 Views)