Re: GF Sim won't release track

by MonoChaos

Original Post

GF Sim won't release track

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, Spa Day, Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure, Dine Out, Laundry Day Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Get to Work. Get Together, Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim produce a track and attempt to release it under a record label.
What happens when the bug occurs? The action symbol will appear briefly then disappear. The sim will gesture but nothing will happen and track will remain unreleased.
What do you expect to see? For the track to be released and fame added.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've restarted the game and repaired it multiple times with nothing changing.

Message 1 of 4 (1,766 Views)

Hero

Hi @freyam_urq619

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,740 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also had this problem. I followed @crinrict 's advice and it seemed to help until I got back to the original save. It turned out (for me at least) you can't release a track while the sim is streaming with a drone, end the stream and the sim can release the track just fine. Not sure if this is intended or a bug, but it's not game breaking if all you need to do is stop your sim's stream for a moment to release the track.

Hope this helps.

MonoChaos

Message 3 of 4 (1,676 Views)

★ Novice

I also had this problem.  I was on my property but not in close proximity to the music station -- once I stood next to the music station the interaction completed.

Message 4 of 4 (1,619 Views)