Re: GAME CRASHES WHILE LOADING AND EDITING LOT

by kwohld

Original Post

@kwohld  The value you've listed isn't RAM use, it's the upper limit for the game's script heap, and it's set by default to 20 GB, not 2.  (Count the zeroes again.)  Changing this value is neutral at best and may be harmful, so please undo the change.  Sims 3 can use ~3.7 GB RAM on its own (4 GB minus some overhead), and there's no way to increase the amount of memory available to it.  That's just the nature of 32-bit apps.

I take it you're using MasterController to reset the lot?  If that doesn't help, try flushing the garden items instead.  Click on the ground of the lot, select MC > Object Stats > Not Inventory, select the items you want gone, and let MC delete them.  This is cleaner than simply deleting them in Build or Buy mode.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 13 (265 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hmmm. When I click the ground and click Nraas>Mastercontroller, there is no Object Stats option for me. I looked through all the options to see if it was under one of those but it's not. There should be a screenshot below of my options on Mastercontroller.

Message 12 of 13 (250 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I took out some Mods that I installed about a week ago and now my game is working perfectly!

Message 13 of 13 (992 Views)