GAME CRASHED/FROZE; SAVE FILE GONE!

by Rainbow_Neko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

GAME CRASHED/FROZE; SAVE FILE GONE!

★ Novice

I have the Collectors Editon of the DISC based verson of the Sims 4;

Okay my game crashed, well froze when I was out on a date with a sim. No biggie I thought. Restarted my PC then loaded up the game to find that 10+ hours of work was GONE! My save file was not there!!! = the floppy disk icon wasn't there at all! Basically my saves arn't showing up at all D:

Just to clarify, I am an avid saver! That's why it was a shock to discover my game reverted back to 'New Game' Status. Despite that fact that I save my progress often when need be.

SO to put it bluntly I load up the game and on the main menu there was no evidence of a saved game to be found.

What do I do? Very devastated at the moment. A Patch?

Message 1 of 9 (538 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: GAME CRASHED/FROZE; SAVE FILE GONE!

★★★★ Guide

I imagine this kind of problem is rather critical and will be worked on by EA/Maxis if it is a common occurance with multiple users. If you use twitter, you could tweet this issue to Graham Nardone to be 100% sure that the development team will see this issue.

I too would be worried about starting over, but hopefully it is a rare occurance and frequent backups of the saves folder can minimalise the loss of progress/disappointment for the time being until the dev team is aware of this. Standard smile

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (515 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

Are there any contents in the directory "C:\User\[Your User Name]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves\"?

Message 2 of 9 (532 Views)

★ Novice

Hello, thank you for the quick reply;

No sadly there isn't. Its really bizarre. 

Message 3 of 9 (528 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

That is very bizarre, unfortunately not a lot can be done about loss of data. I guess the only workaround for the time being is to back up the \saves\ folder every so often and hope for the best. Frown

If Crinrict hasn't archived this already in the compiled list of bugs, please do copy your initial post into the bug report forum here.

Message 4 of 9 (526 Views)

★ Novice

Ah right I see. Thank you for the suggestion. Will this issue be known to Maxis/EA? Do you think it was a very bad bug/glitch or my PC? Will this issue become pathed to avoid it happening again? I am just a little worried that if I start a new game again I would just lose my progress yet again.

Thanks for getting back to me;

Regards,

Olivia 

Message 5 of 9 (519 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I imagine this kind of problem is rather critical and will be worked on by EA/Maxis if it is a common occurance with multiple users. If you use twitter, you could tweet this issue to Graham Nardone to be 100% sure that the development team will see this issue.

I too would be worried about starting over, but hopefully it is a rare occurance and frequent backups of the saves folder can minimalise the loss of progress/disappointment for the time being until the dev team is aware of this. Standard smile

Message 6 of 9 (516 Views)

★ Novice

Excellent. I tweeted to Sim Guru Grant about this issue but not SImGuruGraham, but I will let him now about this issue, thanks for the useful information and help Standard smile 

Regards;

Olivia 

Message 7 of 9 (505 Views)

★★ Novice

This has happened to me also.  It's so disheartening.  My saves are in the folder but not showing in game.  They're named 'Slot_00000001.save' if that's normal.  Any more progress with yours?

Message 8 of 9 (444 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What exactly is in the /saves/ folder? There is just absolutely NOTHING?

You could attempt a system restore if you don't want to lose the Sims you were playing, since their save file seems to be missing.

Message 9 of 9 (431 Views)