Re: Furniture Not Placing

by ih8sushi

Original Post

Furniture Not Placing

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Journey to Batuu, My First Pet Stuff, and Eco Lifestyle.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the Bedlington Boathouse lot in Brindleton Bay. Bulldoze the lot completely and try to place furniture all over the lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? A specific section of the lot will not allow you to place the furniture with the error "Can't intersect obstructions" despite the lot being completely flat. Walls will not be affected.
What do you expect to see? Furniture being able to be placed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Snowy Escape patch

You don't need to actually place the furniture down, you'll just need to hover over the lot and there will be a section of it that will red out the item even on flat terrain.

Message 1 of 10 (3,326 Views)

Hero

HI @mbg711998 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (3,290 Views)

Hero
@mbg711998 Have you been able to solve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (3,208 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. Some objects will place and some wont. Most won't place and as soon as I do it either disappears or it says it cannot intersect objects or walls but nothing is there. It used to only happen when I had basements, but now it happens all the time.

Message 4 of 10 (3,087 Views)

Hero
@ih8sushi Have you tried repairing and factory reset as described above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (3,063 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict You bet. I did all the typical fixes and it still does it even with a fresh reinstall with no packs. So EA games will need a fix for this. It happens with lights consistently, as well as a bunch of other furniture. A fix would be needed for this as it's likely a programming error because I never had this issue before.
Message 6 of 10 (3,046 Views)

Hero
@ih8sushi Do you have it in every house or just a specific one ? Is it the same lot as OP has issues with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (3,029 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@mbg711998 I believed I solved this as it worked on my machine and a few others. Open your Origin console and select your Sims 4 game. Below you will see a 'Cog' settings icon. Click it and select 'Repair'. This will allow the system files to be reset and fixed without you loosing any of the progress you made in the game. I was having issues placing lights and once I selected 'Repair' and relaunched, everything works fine again and all my lights have appeared.
Message 8 of 10 (3,001 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I actually fixed it. The files needed to be repaired through the Origin console and now all my lights work upon relaunch of the repaired files. Thanks anyways for your assistance. Standard smile
Message 9 of 10 (2,999 Views)

Hero
@ih8sushi Thought you already did that and it didn't work ?

Glad you fixed it though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (2,973 Views)