Re: Fun with the Positivity Challenge

by Tasha1709

Original Post

Fun with the Positivity Challenge

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

#1 It's not MBB, it's Jasmine Holiday.  Called her 4 times now, never MBB.

#2 The 2nd tier is "Perform 5 Good Deeds for Acquaintances"...my sims don't have acquaintances.  The very act of saying hello makes them friends.  I literally am unable to progress past tier 2 because my Sims are simply too friendly.  Should I punch them in the face to make them dislike me, and then do nice things?

#3 I call her over, she stands on my doorstep, and every time anyone wants to interact with her, they wave their arms in the air like they can't find her.  I have no other interactions like "Call Over", just "ask", "challenge", and "gtfo", so if I don't catch her out on the street, I have to wait until she times out, leaves, and I call her back.

Message 1 of 12 (722 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @MacAllen

Are you using mods?  If so, are you still seeing this when all mods are removed?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 12 (689 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Nope, not a one.  Not even clothing anymore.

Message 3 of 12 (682 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Also, everyone is "washed out" for some reason, like the lights in the home are suddenly turned up to 11.  I tried turning off individual lights, but no go.  Not "unplayable", just odd.  Was just playing last night and it wasn't that way.

Message 4 of 12 (681 Views)

★★ Novice
For #2 I cleaned up dishes around my house and that took care of the good deeds.

My problem is that I'm stuck on the fourth tier. I made a good friend and it didn't register anything for the challenge. I'm trying to get the relationship higher hoping that helps.
Message 5 of 12 (668 Views)

EA Sims Team

@MacAllen

Would you be willing to share your save files, so my team can take a look at them? 

Instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 12 (665 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hmm...time to fire the butler? Standard smile  I'll give that a try and see.  I get some of them to stick with new friends, but it works about 1 in 4 times.

Message 7 of 12 (664 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Absolutely!  Here you go: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pJ6G_ZlhKqcSDZGhrrELWu1xr21C_kDk

Years ago I had clothing mods, but they all went out of date.  This is an old game, I've been playing it since nearly launch, I like using the same family, with aging off, for very long periods of time.  Just my thing.

Odd issues I see in my game from time to time:

• "Stutter" step with umbrellas in the rain.  They'll walk 2 steps, open the umbrella, walk 2 steps and put it away.
  • I Bond with my bees at least daily, but they go enraged and stay there
  • The mother in my house likes to go outside in her sleeping wear.  Rather odd to see her gardening and bonding with bees in her pajamas
  • Butler doesn't go to sleep until I tell her to, she just stands around, staring at nothing
  • Sprinkler's turn on when they're supposed to, then stay on forever
  • Gabi hates everything she eats.  I think this is the "fruitcake" bug, so I probably know how to fix it.
  • When I hover over things in my garden, or my bees, it often doesn't show me the status.

Issues as of today's patch

• Washed out lighting in the middle of my house, especially around/going up the stairs
  • Hit-or-miss doing good deeds with people, though Gabi is moving through the aspiration slowly
  • No Millie Bobbie Brown, other event coordinator shows up

Thanks for taking the time, love the game, have since the original.  My daughter and I played Sims 1/2/3 together as she was growing up Standard smile

Edit: For reference, this is my Challenge coordinator, my daughter Erin just finished the challenge. 

Message 8 of 12 (651 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same problem: Instead of Millie Bobby Brown Jasmine Holiday shows up. I don't have any mods or CC in my game (I play only with official content).

Message 9 of 12 (575 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm stuck on Tier 2 of the Positivity challenge aswell. However im my case neither interactions nor dishes will work. Any suggestions?

Message 10 of 12 (522 Views)