Re: Fruit pie stuck on floor, can't delete!

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Fruit pie stuck on floor, can't delete!

★★★ Newbie

So, I'm having a bit of an issue.

There's a fruit pie that was in my inventory that I put on the floor of my sims house. When I try to make any of my sims do anything with it the only option that comes up is "empty oven", but they can't do it. They just wave around and basically say they can't do it.

When I go to build mode to try and pick it up, or move it, or delete it, my cursor won't pick it up as something that can be selected. When I try to place an item over it, I get the message that items can't intersect. When I try to demolish it, I get the message that the object can't be demolished.

I just want to know what the heck is going on here and how to get rid of the pie/oven.

Please help, and thank you in advance!

PS: sorry for the bad quality on the pictures, just wanted to show exactly what was going on! I've already tried to debug the item, but it doesn't do anything. I've tried setting the object as head but it doesn't do anything.

Message 1 of 5 (624 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Use the sledgehammer to delete it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (590 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The sledgehammer does not work. I put an oven in my building inventory and it has an uncooked caked. "Oven plate" well now its on my floor with the same issue the OG has. What should I do now?

Message 3 of 5 (476 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Jvanburen15 Try to debug the object. Enable cheats (Ctrl+Shift+C and then testingcheats true) then click+Shift on the object and click debug.
Message 4 of 5 (459 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, all.

This post was originally created in 2018, so I will be closing it down. Please try searching for a newer post before creating a new one if you still need assistance.

• Don't "necropost." Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.

Forum Rules & Guidelines: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#dos-donts

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 5 (437 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help