by Thats_Me_Madz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Frozen in Create a New Game Story Mode

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC: 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter create a new game
What happens when the bug occurs? Doesn't load, stays in incomplete story mode
What do you expect to see? Story mode loading so I can create my family
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When I enter create a new game, it takes me to an incomplete story mode and doesn't let me click anything to get out of it. I went to create a new game a couple days ago and it worked fine until today when it does this. I did not install any mods, other than cc like clothes, furniture, and hair. And I took out what I downloaded from after I went to create a new game last time, it still goes to this screen.

Message 1 of 5 (307 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Frozen in Create a New Game Story Mode

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@JenJeniithere was a patch recently, which means that all Mods/CCs have a chance of causing issues/being broken/not working.
1) make sure you have the latest versions of all the Mods/CCs you have installed.
2) remove all Mods/CCs you have installed, delete the localthumbcache.packet, and use the 50-50 method in a new game save to identify which one(s) are causing your issue.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (289 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@JenJeniithere was a patch recently, which means that all Mods/CCs have a chance of causing issues/being broken/not working.
1) make sure you have the latest versions of all the Mods/CCs you have installed.
2) remove all Mods/CCs you have installed, delete the localthumbcache.packet, and use the 50-50 method in a new game save to identify which one(s) are causing your issue.

Message 2 of 5 (290 Views)

★★★★ Novice

All my mods are updated and after the new patch it worked until today.

Message 3 of 5 (280 Views)

★★★ Guide
@JenJenii if you take all of your mods/ccs out, does it work in a new game save?
Message 4 of 5 (269 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes I found the problem. After updating my windows 10 yesterday my older mods came back into the mods folder Disappointed

Message 5 of 5 (245 Views)