Re: Frequent Random Crashes

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Frequent Random Crashes

★★★ Newbie

I installed the Sims 4 on my PC along with one mod, UI Cheats Extension, and realized that randomly my game would crash and close, no error messages included. I removed the mod, repaired the game via Origin, and made sure my PC specs were still up to par, and still have the issue. It occurs completely randomly while playing the game. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I attached the dxdiag file, but the forum won't let me attach my most recent lastcrash .txt file, as it gives the error "The attachment's lastcrash_63728711507.txt content type (text/plain) does not match its file extension and has been removed"

Message 1 of 2 (158 Views)

Re: Frequent Random Crashes

Champion (Retired)

@jellyspotters 

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 2 (132 Views)