Re: Freezing in island Paradise make game unplayable

by cleio81

Original Post

Freezing in island Paradise make game unplayable (update)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

"I bought and downloaded Island Paradise from the origin store not long ago and was very excited to play it. Every time I try to play Isla Paradiso the game freezes up every few seconds. The sound still plays, trees still blow in the wind, plumbobs still spin but I have no control, can't perform any actions ect. This problem makes the game completely unplayable. I have tried googling the problem and tried every solution that was offered, even the reset sim cheat. Nothing helps. There is no official post from EA on this topic.

all the other worlds work just fine and I can easily run them to their Max specs with little to no problems.

Computer Specs:

Windows 7

Intel i7 2.80 GHz

64 Bit op system

4.00 GB Ram

NVIDIA GForce 9500 GT

please let me know if you need anything else."

After a lot of tech support and trouble shooting I was able to get to a top tech guy. We were able to determine that the freezing is in fact the game. I was told that he would contact the maxis support team (the guys who fix bugs and release patches) and see what can be done. If I am allowed I will continue to post updates as I get them. ^-^

Happy Siming.

Message 1 of 10 (1,491 Views)

Hero

Islo Paradiso does have a lot of problems. Routing issues and the large world with an entire routable ocean are just an example.

Things you can try:

• Sims in Slow Motion
  • Delete the Scott Family
  • Use the cheat DiscoverAllUnchartedIslands to make all islands visible. I'm aware that this takes away from the fun but it seems to help some. 
  • Make sure you have no stuck sims in your town (use the cheat resetsim * to reset all sims in your town and put them to a safe location)
  • Use Overwatch and ErrorTrap (those are mods and you'll be using at your own risk. Not supported by EA. Just google to find)
  • Check for any aboandonned boats in your game and delete them by using testingcheatsenabled true and then shift-click on the boat and choose object-delete.
  • If you're playing Hobart's Hideout, be aware of this issue: Routing Issues in the Resort Hobart’s Hideout
  • General tips for lags: Lags & Intermittent Freezes

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,473 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for your reply but these are all things I have tried based on other reports of this problem and general Google information. Frown

Message 3 of 10 (1,466 Views)

Hero

Your graphic card is rather old, so it might not be able to handle the very intensive world of Islo Paradiso.

I'm sorry I don't have any other suggestions.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,464 Views)

★★★ Novice

My card is in the supported card list and has 4X the minimum requirements listed and handles all other worlds in the game without issue.

But thank you for your suggestions.

Message 5 of 10 (1,459 Views)

★★★ Novice

After a lot of trouble shooting and tech support I did manage to get thorough to the top level of tech support. We were able to determine that my computer was not at fault for the freezing. I was told he was going to contact The program support team to see how this issue can be resolved! If I am allowed I will post updates as I get them. ^-^

Message 6 of 10 (1,453 Views)

Hero

Of course you're allowed to post updates. Always happy if someone has new input on this.

---------

To specify about my earlier post. I was refering to this: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_System_Requirements

Also be aware that the minim. specs were never updated by EA to reflect that you also have expansions installed. 

This is just an explanation though, would be great if you can solve it for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (1,449 Views)

★ Novice

Regarding Specs being too low, I have a  MSI laptop which I purchased in 2018 with a geforce gtx 1060 and an i7 2.8ghz quad core processor and the game still freezes every few seconds.  I guess this game was never meant to work 

Message 8 of 10 (757 Views)

@Globularity  The world of Isla Paradiso is so broken it won't run properly on any system.  (The content that comes with IP works fine.)  The solution is to play in another world, or edit IP or borrow a fixed version from someone else.  Here's one  you can download, along with instructions for the necessary edits if you'd rather do it yourself:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag

The other potential issue with your system is excessively high framerates.  An Nvidia 1060 can produce rates well into the hundreds if fps isn't capped, and the limiter built into TS3 doesn't work.  You can see your in-game fps by bringing up the cheats console (crtl-shift-C) and entering "fps on" without quotes.  A number will appear in the upper right corner, and it should never exceed the refresh rate of your monitor.  There are a number of tools you can use to manually cap fps.  Let me know if you'd like instructions.

Sims 3 does work, and it runs very well most of the time on systems like yours, once a couple of small steps (like the above) have been taken.  If you're having other game issues, feel free to start a new thread describing them.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 10 (743 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Globularity My laptop is older than yours, but I use that same save file that @puzzlezaddict gave you the link for, and Island Paradise runs great for me. Almost no lags ever. It's a "Day 0" save, so it starts like a new game save but with all the fixes already put in. It seriously makes Island Paradise a lot more fun to play.

Btw- I also use the NRAAS Overwatch mod, so in the rare case when a Sim does get stuck, Overwatch will reset them.
Message 10 of 10 (726 Views)