Freezing Sims 4 issues

by EmmaA7X

Original Post

Freezing Sims 4 issues

★★★ Newbie

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me? I recently bought a new hp laptop (HP Notebook - 15-db0998na) I was really looking forward to playing the Sims 4 again my previous laptop was hp too and I could run the sims 3 and 4 pretty smoothly, with this laptop I have only owned it for 2 weeks I haven't downloaded any files except for the sims 4 and haven't saved any photos so I thought it would be quite fast and have enough memory. I downloaded sims 4 and 3 expansion packs from origin and when I go to play I get a message saying that I have insufficient memory D: so of course I am finding it almost impossible to play! it freezes a lot just moving the camera around is very laggy too Frown so i've only been able to create a sim move in a house and can't even complete a few actions because it just constantly freezes on me and its extremely slow! Also I went into settings and turned the graphics down and put it on laptop mode it did nothing. When I got this laptop I thought yay 1TB but I looked and I have got less than 4gb available it seems? would a factory reset make all the 4gb available...? obviously I don't know much about that sort of thing. I'm just a bit disappointed because I stupidly thought new laptop = lotsa memory = fast = great sims 4 experience lol. sorry for the long message.. hope someone can help, thanks! Standard smile

Message 1 of 2 (588 Views)

Re: Freezing Sims 4 issues

Champion (Retired)

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 2 (582 Views)