Freezing Between screens/clicks

by MysticRose32

Original Post

Freezing Between screens/clicks

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I started back with Sims 3 about a month ago (after taking about a year off) and it was working great. Then the other day, with no changes,  It starts loading, then freezes. If I hit the windows button on my laptop then go back into the game, the next loading screen is up, but then it freezes, too. Each loading screen does this. Then when it finally opens, each click in the game causes the same issue: it freezes and won't go to the next screen until I click the windows button then go back into the game. Any ideas on what is going on? I don't have any CC. I already uninstalled and reinstalled. I am at a loss and so frustrated :-(

I have also checked and all my drivers are updated.

Message 1 of 4 (304 Views)

Re: Freezing Between screens/clicks

Hero (Retired)

@MysticRose32  Is your computer a pc or mac? If your computer is a pc please post your computer's dxdiag - link - how to post dxdiag  Did you try to start a new game and see if the issue is still there?

Message 2 of 4 (289 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, I have tried starting a new game, and a vanilla game, with the same results. 

Message 3 of 4 (269 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@MysticRose32  First the power of the AMD A8-7100 APU is below the required spec of 2.4Ghz Pentium or equivalent processor The AMD A series APUs do not provide real dedicated video memory to the video processor in the APU. The video memory is borrowed from main memory. The integrated video processor is weak for 3D gaming. The video drivers are really, really out of date. The resolution of 1366 x 768 is unusual and is high is it can be without add additional hardware to the video system design. I would recommend updating the video drivers and see if that helps. The Dell 5545 is probably an excellent student/social laptop but doesn't have the hardware for 3D gaming.

Message 4 of 4 (256 Views)