Re: Freezes when saving, some buttons don't work, Sims invisible....

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Freezes when saving, some buttons don't work, Sims invisible....

★★★ Newbie

I've had Sims 4 since 2014 and I've never experienced this. There are a few things going on:

• It started with Sims being invisible (as well in the game itself as in their icons)
  • Then it suddenly wouldn't save, it said 'saving' but it kept saving and it basically froze
  • Now I deleted my previous saved file (bye dear Sims..) & I disabled mods. I started making a new family, everything went well until I wanted to change her party outfit. That button didn't do anything.
  • Same goes for the 'add new sim' button. I was just able to save the family (my one Sim).
  • There's also a new fence and a window in building that's called **DEBUG**. 
  • Some things in create a sim don't work and make my sim all white/red checkered. A haircut and necklace for example, they're both new.

Do more people experience this? Is something wrong with the update? Or is it just me? And in that case: WHAT DO I DO???

Message 1 of 8 (452 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

Okay I'm just gonna uninstall and re-install the whole thing. Thinking

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (509 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

Please remove all your Mods and CC and start a new game to see if it is fixed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (446 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I disabled mods/CC and started a new game. I'm building a house now (for said one sim) and it's going well, but I still see some furniture/stuff called **DEBUG*, and the bed has a big questionmark on it. It's not a bed I used to have as CC. Same with the window, mirror and more. All new stuff I haven't downloaded myself. I still have the CC on my pc though. Should I also delete these?

Message 3 of 8 (443 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please move the entire Mods folder to somewhere else and test. (it will be recreated)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 8 (439 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did that, it seems like the game itself is functioning well now! Except I still have the non-working and unknown objects. In the picture is how the bed looks. Some colours from these obejcts DO work though. I just really don't know where they come from.

Message 5 of 8 (430 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Try deleting localthumbcache.package and let the game recreate it.

The load time of the game will increase a little the first time you start the game after deleting this.

Message 6 of 8 (423 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did that, I still have the weird objects available in building & create a sim. Also sims walking around the neighbourhood are invisible (I just see their thoughts). When I want to invite a sim to hangout their pictures aren't showing either.

Message 7 of 8 (417 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay I'm just gonna uninstall and re-install the whole thing. Thinking

Message 8 of 8 (510 Views)