Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Freezes when saving, some buttons don't work, Sims invisible....

by withovtwalls

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Freezes when saving, some buttons don't work, Sims invisible....

★★ Newbie

I've had Sims 4 since 2014 and I've never experienced this. There are a few things going on:

• It started with Sims being invisible (as well in the game itself as in their icons)
  • Then it suddenly wouldn't save, it said 'saving' but it kept saving and it basically froze
  • Now I deleted my previous saved file (bye dear Sims..) & I disabled mods. I started making a new family, everything went well until I wanted to change her party outfit. That button didn't do anything.
  • Same goes for the 'add new sim' button. I was just able to save the family (my one Sim).
  • There's also a new fence and a window in building that's called **DEBUG**. 
  • Some things in create a sim don't work and make my sim all white/red checkered. A haircut and necklace for example, they're both new.

Do more people experience this? Is something wrong with the update? Or is it just me? And in that case: WHAT DO I DO???

Message 1 of 8 (187 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: Freezes when saving, some buttons don't work, Sims invisible....

★★ Newbie

Okay I'm just gonna uninstall and re-install the whole thing. Thinking

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (244 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Champion

Please remove all your Mods and CC and start a new game to see if it is fixed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

I do not work for EA or Origin. I am a player like you that enjoys helping others with their game.
Message 2 of 8 (181 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

I disabled mods/CC and started a new game. I'm building a house now (for said one sim) and it's going well, but I still see some furniture/stuff called **DEBUG*, and the bed has a big questionmark on it. It's not a bed I used to have as CC. Same with the window, mirror and more. All new stuff I haven't downloaded myself. I still have the CC on my pc though. Should I also delete these?

Message 3 of 8 (178 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

Please move the entire Mods folder to somewhere else and test. (it will be recreated)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

I do not work for EA or Origin. I am a player like you that enjoys helping others with their game.
Message 4 of 8 (174 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

I did that, it seems like the game itself is functioning well now! Except I still have the non-working and unknown objects. In the picture is how the bed looks. Some colours from these obejcts DO work though. I just really don't know where they come from.

Message 5 of 8 (165 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

Try deleting localthumbcache.package and let the game recreate it.

The load time of the game will increase a little the first time you start the game after deleting this.

Message 6 of 8 (158 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

I did that, I still have the weird objects available in building & create a sim. Also sims walking around the neighbourhood are invisible (I just see their thoughts). When I want to invite a sim to hangout their pictures aren't showing either.

Message 7 of 8 (152 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

Okay I'm just gonna uninstall and re-install the whole thing. Thinking

Message 8 of 8 (245 Views)
Twitter Stream