Freelancer: Chat with client option not appearing

by Mootee420

Original Post

Freelancer: Chat with client option not appearing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My sim is not a vampire sim, but I am still unable to chat with client (freelance writer) as the option is nowhere to be found by clicking on either the computer or my sim. So I can confirm this is not limited to vampires.

Message 1 of 9 (7,744 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Freelancer Career: Cannot meet with client doesn't work

Hero
That's not the same issue though. There's others that said they had troubles finding the option but I think that was either a mod or a misunderstanding.

I still haven't tried myself so unsure how it's working but are you using mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (7,737 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm sorry, I thought it fell into the same category. No mods. I haven't tried to do the other freelance branches (artist and programmer), so I can't speak for those, only for the freelance writer.

Message 3 of 9 (7,728 Views)

Re: Freelancer Career: Cannot meet with client doesn't work

Hero

Hi @Mootee420 

Since I haven't played the career, I don't feel qualified to help you with this so I split your post to the tech forum.

Someone else should be able to assist you further.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (7,691 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Mootee420 

Please notice that not all Gigs involves chatting with the client. If it does Click on the Computer choose Freelance then Chat with Client.

You can see if you are supposed to chat with the Client by clicking on the Work tab. All required tasks for the current Gig are listed there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 9 (7,686 Views)

★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen 

Correct. However, there is no "Freelance" option on the computer. I've gone through all of the options, and nothing about freelance or chatting with the client is there. And yes, I began looking after being prompted to chat with the client as part of completing the job. However, as there is no option appearing for me to do so (I've also tried clicking on my sim and looking through the cell phone), I'm unable to complete the gig and have to cancel it.

Message 6 of 9 (7,674 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Mootee420 

If the Freelancer menu isn't on the Computer and since you say you have no Mods/CC then try doing a factory reset as described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 9 (7,613 Views)

Re: Freelancer: Chat with client option not appearing

★★★ Newbie
@Mootee420 I had the same issue, but I then used the freelancer laptop and the freelance option came up! Hope that helps
Message 8 of 9 (2,431 Views)

Re: Freelancer: Chat with client option not appearing

Community Manager
Thanks for adding what worked for you @sarcgasms.

We'll close this thread out here. Future readers, please try the suggestions in this thread if you're having a similar issue. If it persists afterwards, please feel free to pop open a new thread.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 9 of 9 (2,356 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help