by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Freelancer Career Bug

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except - Jungle Adventure - My First Pet Stuff - Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join the freelancer career and get a gig.
What happens when the bug occurs? The freelancer career acts as the actor career. I join a gig, and instead of it showing the criteria to finish it, it says a start date, and invite over director/co-stars. I can still do the 'gig', but I can't finish it.
What do you expect to see? The freelancer career shows criteria to finish the gigs, and lets you finish them. (like how it works for most people)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

What it looks like for me:

2520b371c0ac59823f59adb885824956.png

Message 1 of 7 (15,030 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Freelancer Career Bug

★★★ Novice

If you have the UI Extension cheat mod, this is the problem. remove it from the mod folder, and then it should work fine. we have to wait until they update the UI Extension mod.

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (14,996 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Hi @ItzEmma1

have you tested this with all mods removed as well ? Could be a mod conflict.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (15,014 Views)

★★★ Novice

If you have the UI Extension cheat mod, this is the problem. remove it from the mod folder, and then it should work fine. we have to wait until they update the UI Extension mod.

Message 3 of 7 (14,997 Views)

★ Novice
@magooo63 Hi, I don't have this mod and i have the same issue. I can only view the task if i have a sim that doesn't have a career in Actor or Freelance
Message 4 of 7 (13,053 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@chinwe24 

Only Sims in the Actor/Actress career should see the button to Invite director and co-stars over. You say you do not see it in this career. Which other careers do you see it in?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 7 (13,027 Views)

Hero
@chinwe24 Is this your issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-GF-Skills-tasks-for-gigs-and-auditions-don-t-appear... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (12,990 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello!I love the Freelancer Career, but what is going on I get through the style influencer interview  tabs and yet it says incomplete as the job task are being fullfilled. I had to take a selfie that was off  measure couldn;t capture the influencers face, hallf way in the photo caused task to be incomplete as well. Also,I  had to get  another photo approved , the photo was approved but task has not been checked off. As you are posting photo approve task still wasn't checked off! Ugh! It has has been driving me crazy you all! Please help me! I would  love to play with this gig more!

Thank you,

O2mile19

Message 7 of 7 (8,692 Views)