by deztech

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Freelance Writer issue

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Stop working on a project and then try to resume it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Any time a project is stopped, such as to restore needs, restart a needed mood, or just being glitched from the computer to standing. The last is the most annoying.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to resume a project, especially a novel.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When the freelance writer has a project, such as a science fiction novel, to complete, they have no way to take a break once they have started writing. Any stopping scraps the entire project. So if my sim has to, for instance, feed or change an infant after she's begun writing, then she has to start over from scratch once she comes back. This is especially frustrating when the sim is in the middle of a project and then glitches from her seat to a standing position, losing all progress.

There should be an option to resume the project if the sim has to stop for some reason. It doesn't make any sense that they are bound to the keyboard until the project is finished or lose it. This isn't 1988 Word Star with no auto-save. Presumably if they can save a novel they work on for themselves, then they can also save a novel they're ghost writing.

The mod I am using is MCCC, and I have the same issue whether the mod is loaded or not.

Thanks.
Dez

Message 1 of 5 (6,122 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Freelance Writer issue

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I initially thought I was losing (book) projects as well. But, when I looked under the click option "write", the book(s) were there ready to be finished. And, they did count for completion for the job (assuming I was on a gig that called for that particular book).

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (6,026 Views)

All Replies

Hero

If this is just for writing, it might just be the same issue as this: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sim-no-longer-resumes-writing-books/td-p/6880454/jump-to/...

Do you also have issues if you're not in the freelancer career ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (6,088 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I cam resume normal writing just fine. And the work projects for freelancer do end up in the resume section, but so far those don't seem to count for completion. I'm going to double check those though.
Message 3 of 5 (6,064 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I initially thought I was losing (book) projects as well. But, when I looked under the click option "write", the book(s) were there ready to be finished. And, they did count for completion for the job (assuming I was on a gig that called for that particular book).

Message 4 of 5 (6,027 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes you're right. I found all my lost books in the resume section of the writing option. Thank you. They do seem to apply once completed.

Dez

Message 5 of 5 (5,989 Views)