Re: Foundation problems since 5 February update

by Sassy24girl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Foundation problems since 5 February update

★★★ Novice

My game was working fine yesterday, i was able to add or adjust foundations on new or existing houses.  But after it had updated this morning i can't do anything with foundations at all

Message 1 of 10 (539 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Sassy24girl 

Thank you for sharing your house!!

I was able to get the foundation tool to work. What I did was highlighted the tool, and then place the mouse pointer over it and holding left mouse button down, dragged it up.

AH.jpg

Try selecting the kitchen and using the foundation tool on it, if it doesn't work on the bedroom first.

I also moved it to a different lot, as at first it didn't work. The tool wouldn't drag. When I moved it to a different lot and tested the tool it worked. So I moved it back to it's original lot and tried the tool again and it worked fine.

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (463 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Greetings Sassy24girl, 

Have you tried clicking on a room and adjusting it's height by dragging the arrow 🡡 upwards? It will raise the foundation. I've circled in the screenshot below what is not shown anymore

SimsFoun.PNG

Since that option is not available anymore, you'll need to select a room and then use the arrows situated about where I drew them

SimsArrows.PNG

Otherwise, please provide a screenshot with what is shown to you so I can further help and understand what you've encountered :3! 

Thank you and I hope you have a lovely rest of the week ^_^! Cat

---------------

I am just another player, sharing my knowledge with other players. I don't work for EA. 

Message 2 of 10 (515 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi HarleyQuinn2922

I have included a picture, not sure if it will show up, so new to this posting thing lol

As you can see i have the arrows in the middle of the room about where the bed is, i click on them and nothing happens.  This is on new builds and existing houses.  I could use this function before the 5 February update.

Message 3 of 10 (499 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Sassy24girl
Have you any mods in the game?
If you have any mods move the mods folder to the desktop. Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder and fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
If you don't have CC or mods delete this file and fix the game also. The game will create the same new file but without saved errors.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now without mods. Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method
If it doesn't work then I will ask you to upload this house to Gallery with name Test8 and I will check it in game.
I don't work for EA
Message 4 of 10 (486 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I don't have any mods, but i did the delete localthumbcache.package and did repair.  It didn't fix the problem

Should i unistall, and install the game again?

Also i uploaded house to gallery, sorry i don't know how to change name, but i put test8 in description.  Its the only house i have uploaded

Message 5 of 10 (480 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Sassy24girl
Have you tagged like this #Test8 in the description? If not give me this house name and your nickname in Origin
Message 6 of 10 (475 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes i tagged it like that in description 

House name is Oak Alcove

And Nickname is same as here - sassy24girl

Message 7 of 10 (471 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Sassy24girl 

Thank you for sharing your house!!

I was able to get the foundation tool to work. What I did was highlighted the tool, and then place the mouse pointer over it and holding left mouse button down, dragged it up.

AH.jpg

Try selecting the kitchen and using the foundation tool on it, if it doesn't work on the bedroom first.

I also moved it to a different lot, as at first it didn't work. The tool wouldn't drag. When I moved it to a different lot and tested the tool it worked. So I moved it back to it's original lot and tried the tool again and it worked fine.

Message 8 of 10 (464 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok thank you very much for your help it is working now.

Message 9 of 10 (459 Views)

★★ Pro

@Sassy24girl 

Thank you for letting us know that worked. I love your house by the way, it's cute and cozy!!

Message 10 of 10 (454 Views)