Re: Foundation Slider missing

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

★ Novice

I have the same issue, missing slider? Did you ever get it resolved? If, so can you please tell me how?

Message 21 of 36 (1,572 Views)

Hero

Hi @AngeliqueMea007

Foundation heights now work differently. Please check the solution post on the first page for a picture how you use them now.

Since you can put a separate foundation for each building now, they had to change the way it works.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 36 (1,552 Views)

★ Apprentice

I wanna cry.... I forgot that it was changed and I had added a lot of CC in my mods, and when I went into build my house, I couldn't find the foundation lever, and I thought it was a mod, so I took out all my mods, and went back in, and no lever, so, I uninstalled my entire game thinking a mod corrupted the game some how.  Now I came upon this --- too late, so sad..next time thought.  Thank you.

Message 23 of 36 (1,509 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This doesn't work, it raises the whole building. Raising 1 room will raise the entire building. How are we supposed to make stages now without the foundation slider ?

Message 24 of 36 (1,287 Views)

Champion (Retired)

The Foundation slider worked on all buildings on a lot at the same time. The new way to do it means that individual buildings on the same lot can have different foundation heights, You can use the new raise/lower ground tools to create rooms that are lower.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 25 of 36 (1,282 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you, I will try that.

Message 26 of 36 (1,186 Views)

Re: foundation slider missing

★★★ Newbie

When I do this it just drags the room down into the ground and it deforms the area around it, also, when I want to drag a room down that's attached to the rest of the house (to make a porch) it just drags the whole house into the ground. 

Message 27 of 36 (931 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It doesn't work when I do this, it just lowers the house into the ground (sorry if my English is bad)

Message 28 of 36 (930 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Loeksterrr 

Yes, as you found out the foundation can be negative now and it still apply to the entire building. You can however have another building on the lot that has a different foundation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 29 of 36 (927 Views)

Re: foundation slider missing

★★★ Newbie

Can't find the slider to create a foundation for my house on Sims 4 on xbox one

Message 30 of 36 (905 Views)