Re: Formal wear and hair issue

by RowenaDeVandal

Original Post

Formal wear and hair issue

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, strangerville, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, fitness stuff, bowling night stuff, vintage glamour stuff, kids room stuff, romantic garden stuff, movie hangout stuff, spooky stuff, cool kitchen stuff, perfect patio stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Either change to formal wear or go to a fancy restaurant
What happens when the bug occurs? The dresses turn a nude color with almost no texturing, hair turns blond and the eyes turn red
What do you expect to see? A redhead with nice formal wear
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I never had this problem before the June 2019 patch

• Since the June 2019 patch, all but my sim's wedding dress is messed up. It turns a nude color with little to no texturing. 
  • The hair also turns pale blond and the eyes red, as though she's become an albino. 
  • Issue happens both at home and on community lots. 
  • I an posting from my phone and have no screenshots because of that. 
Message 1 of 4 (582 Views)

[ Edited ]

Moved to tech for better troubleshooting. Please test your game without mods or CC.

If it's not fixed without them, please check the bug list:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Gameplay-Issues/m-p/34452...

Hit the 'me too' button on any existing issues you might have that are on the list. If your issue isn't mentioned on the list, please make separate bug reports per issue.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (559 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ok so... the formal wear worked when I disabled the mods  folder, but I have 8000+ downloads. So rather than remove them all and add them back in small batches, I removed them in small batches until the formal wear worked. I narrowed it down to one of 600 things I installed last summer, almost to the day, and I'll add those back in small batches. I will keep you apprised of the situation. 

Message 3 of 4 (516 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you find the problem cc? I am having the same issue *eye roll*

Message 4 of 4 (353 Views)