Re: Flickering plants in new desktop?

by graceymanors

Original Post

Flickering plants in new desktop?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

To make a long story short, the keyboard on my gaming laptop died.So i decided to move to a desktop, so I wouldn't have to keep buying one

every few years.Got my new desktop home, set it up, game was running great, graphics looked great.I shut it off for the night came back, screen had terrible

screen tearing when booting up.And in the game there was terrible artifacting or antialiasing going on.After speaking with the manufacturer and running some benchmarks

they determined the card to be faulty, so I brought the system back and they swapped it out for a whole new system(New monitor, new tower, everything new) Brought that one home

and it was doing the samething, returned that one and decided to go to a different store.

I got the same brand of desktop, just slightly different.This one doesn't have screen tearing, but the antiliasing is in the game and the trees flicker.

What I've tried:

1.New Cables, both HDMI and DP

2.3 different computers, 3 different monitors

3.DDU of the drivers and a clean reinstall

4.Reinstalling the games.

5.Graphic card is recognized, frame rate is capped.

6.Tried with both full screen and non full screen.

7.Tried with high, low and medium settings.

Video of what the trees are doing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORmaerOzQpk&ab_channel=AutumnPeirson

Pic of the antialising: 119461954_639561510301438_6218229401263236760_o.jpg

Dxdiag: https://pastebin.com/VLE7R3rE

I'm at my wits end I'm tired of dragging heavy computers around.And I find it hard to believe 3 computers would be bad.

I know the monitor is low quality(judging from reviews) so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Message 1 of 12 (744 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@graceymanors The dxdiag says the video card is set to 1080p at 60 Hz but the monitor is 144 Hz. You say the frame rate is capped (60 Hz?). Try uncapping  the frame rate and see if that helps.

Message 2 of 12 (719 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Nvidia customer support told me to switch it from 60 to 144 and I tried that but it didn’t work.I originally had it set to 60fp I don’t like it any higher than that.i will try uncapping.I was always told to cap it as high FPS can ruin the card

Message 3 of 12 (710 Views)

@graceymanors  You could also try an fps limit of 72, but both that and 60 should be supported on a 144 Hz monitor.

I mentioned it in a PM a while back, and again earlier this week... or at least I pressed send, but it looks now like the PM didn't go through.  (My browser was being weird that day, and it was after midnight and I didn't feel like troubleshooting.  Sorry for that.)  Is your monitor plugged into the graphics card specifically, and not the motherboard?  If you're repeatedly plugging it into the board, that could explain why all three computers had graphics anomalies.  Even though the signal still gets through, it's not going to work as well as letting the card communicate directly with the monitor.

If this isn't the issue, please try plugging the computer into a different power outlet in a different room, at least long enough to test.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 12 (707 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

plugged in

I'm pretty certain its not plugged into the motherboard.I thought the same, but the cords only fit into one spot.Here's how I have it plugged in.

I'm .

Message 5 of 12 (698 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Just tested in sims 4.I have the flickering in that game as well.

Message 6 of 12 (676 Views)

@graceymanors  Yes, that's definitely the graphics card.  Could you run a dxdiag for reference?  I know what hardware you have, but it would still be useful if someone else wants to weigh in.  You'll need to upload it somewhere; this site's virus scanner is currently not letting anything through.

Have you had the chance to test a different power outlet?  I'm still wondering if the one you're using is the issue, since you had the same problem with other computers too.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 12 (667 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

No, I haven't had gotten to moving the desktop.I have an injured shoulder and my mom is disabled, so having to heave this thing around is difficult.

My DXDIAG is in the first post https://pastebin.com/VLE7R3rE

I like this desktop for the fact that I just have to open a door to access the inside of the tower, no unscrewing.I don't think its the power outlet though, my laptop worked just fine and I kept it plugged in nonstop.

I'm wondering if its just the nvidia 1650 super and the 1660 super.My laptop had 1050 ti.

Edit: I get what you're saying about my DXDIAG.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ixotshgaxc02wpz/DxDiag.txt/file

Here it is uploaded.

Message 8 of 12 (664 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Could it just be the monitor? The monitor is low quality. Its very cloudy/blurry, tried multiple settings with it.

Message 9 of 12 (659 Views)

★★★ Guide

So I wasnt able to test in a new room, but what I did was switch outlets, I plugged the tower into the top outlet instead of the bottom and the monitor into the bottom..

Before

Before swapping out

after

after.

The lines look better.Still have flickering though.

Message 10 of 12 (644 Views)