Re: Fixing Columns in 1280x720 after deleting mod

by Dese0516

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Fixing Columns in 1280x720 after deleting mod

★★ Novice

Ok so I was trying to download the four column mod and i downloaded it thinking it would work. It didn’t work though so I tried to delete it and it is still there and i even tried to change the resolution but that just messed up my view i just want my cas to be back to normal without the four columns and there’s like a green thing over all my clothing so what do i do to fix it

Message 1 of 7 (1,314 Views)

Accepted Solution

@princess053105  When you say it's still there, do you mean the file is still in your Mods folder, or the effect is still in-game?  If the file is gone but CAS is still messed up, please delete localthumbcache.package from your Sims 4 folder (the same one where you added your mods), and test CAS again.

If the mod file itself is reappearing, please click on the Mods folder to highlight it, then copy its file path into a post here.  The file path shows up above the list of files and folders in a File Explorer window, and will look something like This PC > Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,303 Views)

All Replies

@princess053105  When you say it's still there, do you mean the file is still in your Mods folder, or the effect is still in-game?  If the file is gone but CAS is still messed up, please delete localthumbcache.package from your Sims 4 folder (the same one where you added your mods), and test CAS again.

If the mod file itself is reappearing, please click on the Mods folder to highlight it, then copy its file path into a post here.  The file path shows up above the list of files and folders in a File Explorer window, and will look something like This PC > Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4.

Message 2 of 7 (1,304 Views)

★★ Novice

The effect of it is still there after i deleted it from my mods folder

Message 3 of 7 (1,258 Views)

@princess053105  Please delete localthumbcache.package as well.  It's in the same Sims 4 folder where your mods are.

Message 4 of 7 (1,252 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@princess053105 If you got the mod from MTS, it's outdated and no longer being updated there. You'll need to get it from weerbesu's patreon page. It's free there and you don't have to sign up.

The current version there works just fine. I've been using it for ages.
Message 5 of 7 (1,245 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you it worked there was a hidden folder but i found it 

Message 6 of 7 (1,211 Views)

★ Novice

Hello, what was the hidden folder called ? I’m having same issue.

Message 7 of 7 (873 Views)