Fixed!! :-) Sims 4 is completely broken and I can't figure out why

by suprrk

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Fixed!! :-) Sims 4 is completely broken and I can't figure out why

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I beg you help me figure out this issue. So I got my Sims 4 saves back and all, and it was working fine without CC so I thought ok no problem, I'll put it back. Put it back and when I went into CAS it'd get stuck at the loading screen but I could click and edit my sims while this was happening? Also I couldn't close out the game. Anyway I decided I'd remove CC, no biggie probs just some broken or incompatible cc or script mod, however this is where things just got worse and worse. Despite me reinstalling this game about 4 times the game still recognises the CC as being there (it's not even in the EA folder, it's on my desktop and the EA folder is rooted to my D drive rather than the C drive since I have an HDD/SDD setup). When I try to go into the settings to turn off CC, the ENTIRE menu is missing. The only thing available is Graphics and clicking on it solves nothing. I'm so sad, I've been at this for like 3 hours and nothing has worked... Please someone help me fix this

I've tried repairing the game too. 

I have: 

Sims 4 Digital Deluxe

Holiday Celebration Pack 

Life of the Party

Up all Night

Cats and Dogs

City Living

Get to Work

Get Together

Backyard Stuff

Perfect Patio Stuff

Romantic Garden Stuff

In case you needed to know what I had installed. It was working fine and now it's just completely broken and it's upsetting me : -( 

Message 1 of 3 (6,502 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 is completely broken and I can't figure out why

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

They are removed, I took them out but the game still recognises them as being in, that's why I took a screenshot to show you there's no mods folder and the other issues

I can delete cache though no problem

Edit: dude it was like 4am when i wrote this post and i realise now it's the wrong folder, anyway with some perseverance and fiddling i managed to fix it so dont worry about it lol 

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (6,525 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Please remove all Mods and CC then try again. Also delete the localthumbcache.package .

Your screenshot of your game files do not help us in any way. A screenshot of your Mods folder might.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (6,481 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

They are removed, I took them out but the game still recognises them as being in, that's why I took a screenshot to show you there's no mods folder and the other issues

I can delete cache though no problem

Edit: dude it was like 4am when i wrote this post and i realise now it's the wrong folder, anyway with some perseverance and fiddling i managed to fix it so dont worry about it lol 

Message 3 of 3 (6,526 Views)