Re: First Sims 4 Patch - How to Download

by Carbonic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

First Sims 4 Patch - How to Download

★★ Newbie

Can someone please tell me how and where you download patches for the Sims 4? Thanks!

Message 1 of 6 (11,003 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

Origin automaticly downloads patches unless it's turned off in it's options or it's working in offline mode. You can also right click the game in Origin and click check for update to check that you have the newest.

To learn more about Origin you can read here:

https://www.origin.com/en-us/faq

carbonic signature

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (10,964 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Origin automaticly downloads patches unless it's turned off in it's options or it's working in offline mode. You can also right click the game in Origin and click check for update to check that you have the newest.

To learn more about Origin you can read here:

https://www.origin.com/en-us/faq

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 6 (10,965 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is unhelpful. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I have talked with it for Origin and I am still having the saving issues that the patch was supposed to solve. Is there any other way to download this patch. Sims 4 is the only reason I have Origin as I don't really play any other EA games is there any way I can keep the game and not go through Origin for patch issues.

Message 3 of 6 (7,164 Views)

@jazzybelle89  What's your current patch level?  If you're not sure, go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and open the file called config.log.  You'll see this right at the top:

=== Application info ===
Name: Sims4
Version: 1.59.73.1220
Build: Release

(The patch level is in bold.)

If you're using the Legacy Edition, or you think you might be, go into the Sims 4 Legacy Edition folder, also in Documents\EA, and look at the patch level there as well.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 6 (7,156 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine is 1.59.73.1020

Message 5 of 6 (7,136 Views)

@jazzybelle89  Then you're already fully patched.  If you're having a game issue that was supposed to be fixed, it's best to start your own thread in this section describing exactly what isn't working, as well as any steps you've taken so far to try to troubleshoot.  (It's fine if you haven't yet.)  It would also be helpful to know whether the problem is present in a new save as well as your existing one(s).

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 6 (7,124 Views)