Re: First Loading Screen Hangs When Online [temp solved]

by hikarushirou

Original Post

First Loading Screen Hangs When Online [temp solved]

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
  • I have a hard copy of Sims4 LE and it installed via Origin with no problems.
  • The first time it started, it loaded almost INSTANTLY, showing me my rewards and the main menu screen.
  • I have a decent computer but, I always go to the menu to turn down all the settings to a minimum before I play. I also connected to my Facebook. Some settings needed the game to restart, so I did.
  • Main loading screen (with the plumbob and flavour text, before the main menu screen) showed up this time but it stayed there for a minute or two. I figured it needed to load in my adjustments and rewards so I let it sit there. The music looped at least 3 times and still nothing (maybe 10 or so minutes?). And since you can't AltF4 it, I had to end its process in the Task Manager.
  • I tried going into offline mode thinking that perhaps connecting with my Facebook was causing a lag, but no. Still nothing. As of writing this it's still "loading".

I have a custom computer with Windows 7 Premium, with AT&T UVerse and it's having no problem loading other websites or games.

Edit: I disconnected the internet from the computer and the game loaded up instantly once more. Turned off the Online Access, restarted and it loaded up

Message 1 of 4 (511 Views)

Re: First Loading Screen Hangs [self solved]

★ Novice

While a working temporary solution, I wouldn't consider this completely solved. It would be better if they were to solve loading issues while the game is connected online.

Message 2 of 4 (484 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was successful in using your solution for my problem, so I re-posted your answer under my question feed, just FYI, and thank goodness for you, now I can play!! below is the question thread - thank you again!

K

Sims 4 Won't exit loading screen

My Sims 4 starts up just fine, but stalls at the opening loading screen - it just keeps showing the cartoon images over and over - please help!

K

Message 3 of 4 (469 Views)

★ Novice

Glad I was able to help! I would've been very upset if I couldn't play this game after shelling out so much. XD I've never played The Sims on opening day/week. Usually wait until the price is lowered so all the initial bugs are generally fixed.

Message 4 of 4 (448 Views)