Re: Finding an Old Household

by UCDreezy

Original Post

Finding an Old Household

★★★★★ Newbie

So last time I played the Sims 4 was when the game used the Origin launcher. Ive since been getting back into it now and noticed the EA launcher is now used (May or may not be relevant). Maybe the launchers have nothing to do with my problem, but what Im trying to do is find the sim household I played on before on a different computer. It was to my understanding that your households saved to your account, rather than the computer? Am I wrong? Is there anyway I can find the household I played on before?

Message 1 of 3 (155 Views)

★★ Guide
@UCDreezy Households are not saved to your account. When you first create them in CAS, the game (usually) saves them to your library. Also, the played household will be present in your saves where they show up in the house you assigned to them in manage worlds. Both of which (tray files for library and save files for saves) are kept in your my documents folder on your device.

The only way to have a household 'linked to your account'. Is to upload them to the gallery, which means you can find it under your profile in your shared items, where everybody can see and download them.

If you still have access to the computer in question, you can copy the tray and save files from that computer and put them on your new one, so you can basically pick up where you left off. If you no longer have access to that computer and you never saved the houshold to your gallery, I'm afraid there's nothing you can do about it anymore.
Message 2 of 3 (145 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Ah, I appreciate the quick response, but I no longer have access to my old computer unfortunately. I will keep that tip in mind for my new household though. Thank you again! 

Message 3 of 3 (143 Views)