Re: Festival Lot items are invisible

by eloraluvyou

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Festival Lot items are invisible

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

In all my sims 3 worlds the festival lot does NOT work. When there  is a festival icon all the seasonal objects are invisible. However the food merchants and the kissing booth workers still appear?!?!? I even have the weird noise effects from the haunted house. This same issue occurs during each season festival lot. I see the kissing booth and food merchants and hear the haunted house noise effects, yet the actual objects are no where to be found on the lot. However, my sims still can use the items even though there are invisible. This is a very frustrating issue and it seems that everyone who has a similar issue has either: 

A) uninstalled and reinstalled seasons

B) bulldozed and added the lot back 

C) deleted cache

I have tried all the above and the issue is still there. I really just do not what to do. I would really appreciate it if anyone could help. Thanks for reading this.

Message 1 of 6 (641 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Hello, I just wanted to let you know that I fixed this issue! I bought a new expansion pack and entered a random world with the invisible festival items issue and it wasn’t there anymore! Thanks for helping tho Standard smile

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (560 Views)

All Replies

@eloraluvyou  Is true in new saves as well, or just your current one?  Please test in a new save in the same world and let me know.  If the festival lot is normal, try saving that copy to the bin and placing it in your existing save, rather than reusing the copy already in your existing save.  Even though they should be the same lot, it's better to work with a fresh copy.

Be sure to quit to desktop after exiting a save and before entering a new one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (602 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This issue occurs in all my saves  unless I download a save file from someone.When I click to enter into a world without a save file that I’ve downloaded from someone the festival lot items are invisible. Unfortunately, I can’t download a save file for all worlds. I also do not have any normal functioning lots except premade festival lots.

FYI: 

I  bulldozed the festival lot in the world I’m using Simlau Isles  but the thing is  the festival lot items are invisible. So when I add the festival back onto the lot the items are still invisible.

Message 3 of 6 (593 Views)

@eloraluvyou  Does this happen in EA worlds, e.g. Sunset Valley or Riverview, as well?  I'm wondering whether the problem is the world itself, or at least something about how it's built.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 6 (587 Views)

★★ Novice

No it doesn’t happen in sunset valley, starlight shores, and all the EA worlds.

Message 5 of 6 (572 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Hello, I just wanted to let you know that I fixed this issue! I bought a new expansion pack and entered a random world with the invisible festival items issue and it wasn’t there anymore! Thanks for helping tho Standard smile
Message 6 of 6 (561 Views)