Re: UNABLE TO PLACE FESTIVAL GROUNDS - PLEASE HELP

by gabriellaquallsk

Original Post

Festival Grounds in Sunlit Tides

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello,

I am currently playing Seasons in Sunlit Tides for the first time and having difficulty placing festival grounds. I have gone into Edit Town mode, changed a lot that was the correct size to Community - Festival Grounds and then when this didnt work i did the same with a much bigger lot and still no luck. The problem is that when i chose the Sunlit Tides festival ground from the Community Lots list and try and place it, it doesnt show any available lots to place it on, including the ones that i have specifically changed so it just wont let me put it anywhere in the town. I have tried placing other festival lots too, not just the Sunlit Tides one in case the problem was there,  but i still get nothing.

When im in game play mode the second and larger lot that i changed has the festival tent above it, and im getting all the wishes related to being able to go to the festival.... just no festival Standard smile

Can anyone help me please?

Cheers Standard smile

<edit: Merged threads on the same issue. Please try to reuse your post. Add extra info when you don't get an answer instead of making a new thread. Thanks>

Message 1 of 9 (2,048 Views)

UNABLE TO PLACE FESTIVAL GROUNDS - PLEASE HELP

★ Novice

Hello,

I am currently playing Seasons in Sunlit Tides for the first time and having difficulty placing festival grounds. I have gone into Edit Town mode, changed a lot that was the correct size to Community - Festival Grounds and then when this didnt work i did the same with a much bigger lot and still no luck. The problem is that when i chose the Sunlit Tides festival ground from the Community Lots list and try and place it, it doesnt show any available lots to place it on, including the ones that i have specifically changed so it just wont let me put it anywhere in the town. I have tried placing other festival lots too, not just the Sunlit Tides one in case the problem was there,  but i still get nothing.

When im in game play mode the second and larger lot that i changed has the festival tent above it, and im getting all the wishes related to being able to go to the festival.... just no festival

Can anyone help me please?

Cheers

Message 2 of 9 (2,039 Views)

Hero

Did you try placing any other lots ? Is it just the festival lot or is that a general issue ? Are you sure the lot has the right type and not an empty house on them (house icon) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (2,035 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's def only the festival grounds that it wont place, and yeah ive double checked and it has changed the lot type to community lot - festival grounds.

As i said, the town is recognising the lot as a festival lot and the tent appears over the empty lot telling me the festival is in town but when i go into edit town mode and select the sunlit tides festival lot from the community lots tab my options within the town dissapear. It doesnt even come up as red like it does when the lot is available but not the right size, im just getting no options to put the festival grounds down.

Message 4 of 9 (2,022 Views)

Hero

What happens if you bulldoze the lot and place a new one ?

(don't save the game, just try what happens)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (2,018 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok so i bulldozed the lot and it's now letting me place the festival grounds on there but it's not done it well. The initial terrain on the lot is dead flat but it looks like the festival grounds have been built multi level with some space underneath in a deck sort of set up ( elevated platforms) so the terrain at the front of the lot is even but then slopes down until it is almost 2 stories lower at the back where the decks are  and all of the terrain that is below the initial ground level is bright blue and sunken in with what looks like plants in there.

My game used to do this sometimes with lots when i returned from travel but those lots would become completely inactive, this it looks like i can use but the terrain and the graphics are not right. Hope that makes sense?

Message 6 of 9 (2,014 Views)

★★★ Newbie

WOW reading that back it kind of makes no sense Standard smile Have i frustrated the hell out of you yet?

Is there some way i can screen shot you what is happening?

Message 7 of 9 (2,013 Views)

Hero

Yeah, screen shots would be helpful

To do so, change to window mode and press Print Screen to take a pic. Paste that into Paint and save it.

Then upload the picture to a third party image sharing site like imageshack and then post the link here.

I do have one post that might be related to what you're describing: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/bug-imported-house-raiseslowers-the-terrain.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (2,007 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue but found out you have to remove One of the play grounds to place the lot. You have to bulldoze the playground nearest to the Dreams of Paradise Day Spa. The lot will be right in between two houses. The address is 50 paradise Circle. Bulldoze that lot and place the festival down and you should be good to go! Hope this helps. The picture attached is what the lot will look like after placing it. Make sure you change the lot type to Festival Grounds to place the festival.

Message 9 of 9 (774 Views)