by Fischreuse

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Feeding a Dolhin with fish from Inventory

★★ Guide

Product: Die Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.10.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try to feed a dolhin with fish from sim inventory
What happens when the bug occurs? some fishes in inventory works for feeding, some not. The "working" fishes overwrites the generelly feed-option, that costs $2. The feeding with fish from inventory makes the dolphin disappear.
What do you expect to see? The one or the other side: You can either use the option properly or you can leave it completely, because otherwise it overrides the usual feeding for $ 2. You have no choice, feeding usual or with inventory like the poke-food-store.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

There comes many bugs with the sim inventory by the pack island life. Much worked out only half and thoughtlessly. Some fishes yes, some fishes no. Taro, Kava, Ananas in fridge yes, Coconut not and so on. As if programming tasks were aborted right in the middle. This has been increasing for me since sim 4 and has become more frequent in recent years. It is not enough to design a beautiful world. It also needs to be carefully crafted the necessary command lines to make it work and make the game fun for the buyer. Or should Sims 4 only to be watched, but not be touched?

Message 1 of 13 (747 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Feeding a Dolhin with fish from Inventory

★★ Guide

I have now tried fresh fish from four fish traps on the dolphin. In my view, it is now clear with the attempt of this amount of fish. Dolphins only want small and fresh fish. This looks intentional because there is also the corresponding info box that I became aware of. It is always the same. I think this post is probably in the field of general knowledge. I do not know how to move that.

View in thread

Message 13 of 13 (689 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Fischreuse Maybe that's on purpose that you can't feed all fish cause they don't like all kind of fish ?

I still have both options when I have fish that I can feed. It splits into a menu and then I can either feed fish from inventory or for §2

Also can't confirm the disappear. Disappear in what way ? Does he become invisible ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (720 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Can you give us a bigger list of fish you can't feed to the dolphin? Thanks so much for the help!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 13 (707 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Then i must send the sim again for fishing. In the moment he has none in the inventory. I will report.

Update: I had changed the sims situation since my information. He is now an aquarius and a good friend with an ordinary dolphin and the blue one, but he can not call the white albino dolphin any more, who is still shown as known in the relationship menu. The aquarius has both options: feeding with fish from the stock and feeding with fish for $ 2.
So I tried another sim that has no relation to a dolphin. At the beginning of the relationship, when the dolphin appears, there is only one of both option: to feed fish from the inventory or to feed fish for $ 2. If I tried in this situation to feed the dolphin, but it jumps away and the sims threw the fish into the water. I hope some sharks and turtles have enjoyed the fish so no food was wasted.
The option to feed fish from the inventory gives more information when the mouse pointer is above: Some recently caught small fish are in high demand, others are not. Indeed, dolphins do not like all kinds of fish.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 4 of 13 (686 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

The dolphins like green fighting fish, bright perch but not the green-yellow perch. They do not like exotic goldfish or parrotfish, but kissing gourami. On the other hand they like common goldfish and guppy but not the brown as well as the black and white striped perch. Rainbow fish spurn it too. They like also anglefisch (the blue one in, german game named Kaiserfisch).

Edit to add: I have to revise my answer a litte bit. 

It is not entirely understandable that dolphins eat the first green fighting fisht item in the Sim inventory and that it is displayed as an option on fish from the inventory, while the second green combat fish does not receive an option to feed from the inventory. It is not clear if the dolphins are constantly changing their tastes.

"Oh, I just had green fighting fish for breakfast, as a snack until noon I'd rather have lobster."

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 5 of 13 (664 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I have made some pictures now about disappearded dolphins. That only happens - sometimes or more often - after feeding fish from Sim-Inventory - equal if it is an aquarius or not or well known with the dolphin or not. The pictures shows "flying" fishes without dolphins or speeking aquarius with invisible dolphin after feeding fish from inventory instead the dolphins are shown in the action loop. The dolphins cackling is still to be heard. Sometimes feeding fish from inventory ends the whole interaction with the dolphin.

I have not seen / read a hint, how big or how many pictures are allowed in this forum. If they are to small - about 800 x 500 - it is not very clear to shown, what I mean. 

I have also made pictures of overwriting the feeding option if fish is in the sim inventory. First there is only the option, to feed by sim inventory, just after the dolphin is called. After one or two mouse clicks further on the dolphin, the options for the dolphins are changing.  I have never seen this behavior on the dolphins options, if there ist no feedable fish in the sim inventory. Feeding with fish for 2 $ never creates dissappearing dolphins. Since Sims 4 Island Life, there are some issues with Sim Inventory. Maybe it all depends.

Edit to add: Or the dolphins don't like rotten fish, mhhmmm. That could be an, answer which fishes dolphins prefer.

But there are still the other questions of overwriting the feed-Options by first contact when fish is in inventory such as invisible dolphins after feeding fish from sim inventory. 

Maybe dolphins became invisible after feeding rotten fish? That could be magic. 

(Post edited and merged by CM)

Message 6 of 13 (631 Views)

Hero
@Fischreuse One more question here.

Does your dolphin become invisbile (unsichtbar) or does just go away as if he doesn't want to talk with you anymore ?

There's a thread for invisible dolpins here so that might be one of your issues: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-IL-Summoned-dolphin-is-invisible/m-p/7968490#M9355... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (548 Views)

★★ Guide

Yes, thank you very much. That is what I meant, but I did not find this post. Don't know why. Then this thread could be closed or merged with the other one. 

Message 8 of 13 (530 Views)

Hero
@Fischreuse Well, there's still the issue with not all fish being feedale ?

I did saw one fish that wasn't rotten that I couldn't feed.

Are you saying you don't think that's an issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (522 Views)

★★ Guide

Right. The topic is still there. It is sometimes difficult to assess which anomalies are related and which are to be considered separately. I will also try other fish to feed dolphins. But it may be that your first thought is correct, that not all fish can be fed.

Maybe the fish must have the right weight and should be fresh. The info box I found says: small and recent - which could be fresh. And maybe the dolphins sometimes change their tastes like fishing spots, sometimes small and sometimes big fish or frogs for fishing.

Fisch aus Inventar nur 1 - heiß begehrter Fisch.png

Message 10 of 13 (513 Views)