by siminette

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Famylies have disappeared

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I almost have all expension packs except for paranormal stuff and the 3 kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By playing the game in live mode. Build mode seems to be fine.
What happens when the bug occurs? I noticed that I had families who disappeared
What do you expect to see? I want my household to not disappear.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I wanted to see the diversity that I had created in my save that I play with from 2017 and realise that some of my families had disappeared. I had an old save (october 2020) so I was able to got these families back but when I play the game (in live mode only), it keeps happening. I can have like 12 families gone every time I play.

Message 1 of 5 (276 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Famylies have disappeared

Hero
@siminette In the household manager there's other households and my households.

Those families in my households are save from culling. The others are free to be purged by the game once you hit a certain amount of Sims in your save.

Here's some info on the topic: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/905991/culling-relationship-culling-amp-decay-current-st...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (233 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@siminette Sounds like culling might have hit your game.

Do you have those families in my household ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (271 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

No, those families are not in my household. There just there to fill empty lots

Message 3 of 5 (260 Views)

Hero
@siminette In the household manager there's other households and my households.

Those families in my households are save from culling. The others are free to be purged by the game once you hit a certain amount of Sims in your save.

Here's some info on the topic: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/905991/culling-relationship-culling-amp-decay-current-st...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (234 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I put a lot of my families in my household and also deleted some sims I didn't care about.

I test the game and, so far so good. My families seem to be safe from culling for now.

Thanks for your help

Good Game to you

Siminette

Message 5 of 5 (201 Views)