Original Post

Accepted Solution

Family

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Not known
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sim editing
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot change sims from roommate to family, hindering the relationship options
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to change a sims' relationship from roommate to family. (sister/brother)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've made three sims so far, each are to be siblings. However, when I move to the list where the relationship status will change from roommate to brother/sister, it simply says I cannot change the status of a pre-existing sim. I've tried various other ways, but none work. Pre-existing? I just want to show that they're family.

Message 1 of 7 (823 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Family

Champion (Retired)

@StarsandRavens 

Were the Sims freshly created or had they already been in your game?
Once the Sims have been in live mode the relationships cannot be alter in CAS without a cheat.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (786 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@StarsandRavens 

Were the Sims freshly created or had they already been in your game?
Once the Sims have been in live mode the relationships cannot be alter in CAS without a cheat.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
Message 2 of 7 (787 Views)

★★ Novice

I had just downloaded the game and made them

Message 3 of 7 (776 Views)

★★ Novice

But if I have to edit them, do I have to delete the sims and remake them?

Message 4 of 7 (772 Views)

Hero

I'm curious about this issue.

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (751 Views)

★★ Novice

I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing such a thing. I've already made an idea to resolve it. If it doesn't work, oh well

Message 6 of 7 (732 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@StarsandRavensYour decision not to share is respected. I hope you can find a solution and will continue to enjoy the game.
Please feel free to come back here if you have other questions.

Happy Simming

- EQ

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 7 of 7 (723 Views)