Re: Family tree culling

by crinrict

Original Post

Family tree culling

★★★★ Apprentice
Hi, I want to ask if anyone else has experienced culling post November 2017 patch that also affects the family tree? I thought culling should no longer affect the family tree. I have a sim whose grandmother got culled, on her family tree from clicking the grandaughter’s picture, she had the grandmother’s image missing. But when I click on the girl’s mother, the mum’s family tree shows up the grandmother’s picture. The girl still has her grandad on the family tree just not the grandmother. Is there a way to fix this? I went on an earlier save where the grandmother’s picture was still there and changed the settings to 200 max sims instead of 150 but the same thing happens again at around 5am the next day. :/ I’m keen to not use mods to stop culling (if there’s a fix) as I don’t mind it affecting relationships and townies etc it’s just when it affects my family tree :,(
Message 1 of 6 (1,536 Views)

Hero
Hi @Nancy9

for very large family trees, culling can still happen.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,505 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Thanks, do you know how large the family tree needs to be for it to happen? I’m only on generation 3/4. Is there any way to stop it happening with the save I have before it happens? Thanks Standard smile
Message 3 of 6 (1,496 Views)

Hero
Depends how many Sims you have in it, not generations. So if you have a lot of Sims in one Generation, you can still be hit by it.

How many do you have approx ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (1,489 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I think about 45 sims. Give or take a few
Message 5 of 6 (1,487 Views)

Hero
That doesn't sound like a lot.

Could you post here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TROUBLESHOOT-Dead-Sims-being-culled-although-still-ghosts/td-p... and upload your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (1,472 Views)