Re: Fame and manner section is gone, no sim gallery, sim icon and emotions disap

by Sheskaylaa604

Original Post

Fame and manner section is gone, no sim gallery, sim icon and emotions disappear

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Ep04: 1.assets.ml-ep04.155
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Opening the gallery, trying to order a book, jumping from play mode to a quick change in build mode and back to play mode, and trying to travel looking at the simology tab
What happens when the bug occurs? * Anytime I try to open my gallery the complete page is blank and there are only (x)s replacing the tabs *if I try to order a book the menu comes out in the middle of the screen so low that I'm not allowed to check out and the bubble has become pink, * as I'm putting them to do task its combining both sims tasks as if they were one. So I can see what i put the mom to do as i am playing the daughter but there not following the same tasks * trying to travel once I arrive to any location their icon their emotions completely disappear, * the tab in game play named simology where we are able to see there how famous the sim has gotten or as a child where it shows the manners, responsibly, act has fated into a weird grey background only has the captions of what would be the circles that fill in green as they progress is not there any more, as an adult I can not see my game point nor use them the icon has completely dissapeared *while in gameplay at home trying to do a quick touch up in build mode and go back to game play I lose the time bar, the sims icons, there emotions all dissapeare and also not able to even turn the game off I am forced to force shut my computer
What do you expect to see? *in my gallery the tabs to be able to download previous build that I have done or sims that I have created *in ordering books for the menu to come out higher so that I can place my order *in tasks, for them to be set to the individual sim assigned to the task * in traveling being able to have there icon, emotions to appear *in the tab simology, to be able to see there progress. *being able to go from gameplay and build mode with out losing the ability to play
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloading the new eco game pack.

Not able to, saw red wording that stated the files were too large.

Message 1 of 3 (1,284 Views)

Re: Fame and manner section is gone, no sim gallery, sim icon and emotions disap

Hero

HI @Sheskaylaa604 

Sounds like some incompatible mod like the UI Cheat Extension mod is still active. 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (1,173 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict You are and ANGEL!!!! My game is working perfectly I didnt realize I left the UI mod all I had to to was delete and my game was back to normal I beyond thank you!!!
Message 3 of 3 (1,131 Views)