Re: Failed to register sims game

by ida_ipad123

Original Post

Re: HELP!

Champion

@MAGICpooking101 , I am going to have you post moved to the Sims 3 section. Can you please advise if you are playing on a Mac or Windows computer?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 140 of 194 (669 Views)

Re: HELP!

@MAGICpooking101  EA doesn't allow resale of games, including Sims 3.  So there's no way for you to get a code or any other help installing your game.  Sorry.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 141 of 194 (663 Views)

Failed to register sims game

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've been using the same origin account and the same sims 3 cd for a few years now and today when i tried to launch the game it said that i couldn't, I looked at the log for sims 3 and it said that i needed to register my game which i went to do but it didn't work

I used to have an account on thesims3.com but something happened to it and only now It's affecting me because I couldn't register it on my now new account.

I really need help because I don't want to have to buy a new game when I've already bought one and I want to be able to play but I'm unsure if I'll want to continue if I'm going to have to buy the base game again.

Message 142 of 194 (755 Views)

@ida_ipad123  Sims 3 codes can't be registered a second time, even by the original owner.  So it's no surprise that you couldn't register yours.

Does Sims 3 show as owned in your Origin game library?  How old is the disc you're using?  Please check the copyright date on the back of the case, and let me know whether you see an Origin logo anywhere on the case.

Message 143 of 194 (736 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Sims 3 does show as owned in my origin game library, The disk is about maybe 4-5 years old. I don't know about the copyright date since I don't know what it is but there is an origin logo on the back

Message 144 of 194 (734 Views)

★ Novice

I actually tried to buy the game again but it didn't work, it was a good thing that I bought it from g2a for like 2-3 dollars

Message 145 of 194 (728 Views)

@ida_ipad123  There should be a year listed in the fine print on the back of the case, something like Copyright 2011 or whatever.  But it sounds like your disc copy is a bit newer.

Did you buy the disc from G2A or just a product key?  It's possible you got a bad code and that EA has only now blocked it, but that shouldn't be the case with sealed disc copies.  If you only got a code from G2A, why did you install via disc in the first place?  When Sims 3 is registered to an Origin account, it can be downloaded directly, with no need for a disc to play.

Message 146 of 194 (725 Views)

★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictI bought a product code. when I bought the sims 3 on the disc i didn't really have much knowledge about it and I really wanted the sims and I've been using the same disc and account since then and only now is it starting to get complicated..

Message 147 of 194 (694 Views)

@ida_ipad123  Your best bet is contacting EA customer support and asking for help.  Take a photo that shows your disc, the case it came in, and the product code on the back, and you can upload it along with your help request.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Support may be able to help you get your game back in one way or another, atlhough this doesn't always work.

Message 148 of 194 (677 Views)

Re: I have my sims 3 disc but i do not have an code

★ Apprentice

I have a hand-me-down version of the sims 3, but the code has already been redeemed. What do I do? My disc is also missing, and I can't install it from Origin.

Message 149 of 194 (1,309 Views)