FPS drops (again)

by confession872

Original Post

Highlighted

FPS drops (again)

★★★ Novice

I had FPS drop issues a week or two ago, but was able to solve it by updating several drivers and doing a general Windows 10 update. Today, my FPS dropped down suddenly in live mode and hasn't bounced back. It's around 20 and sometimes dips down to the teens. Happens on all lots. I've repaired my game, removed the Mods folder, etc. with no effect. I checked on updating drivers and my computer says everything is up to date. Not sure how to fix this. I've attached my DxDiag if anyone can help!

Message 1 of 2 (239 Views)

Re: FPS drops (again)

[ Edited ]

@confession872  Most of the errors in your dxdiag are related to Windows trying and failing to repair itself.  Whether this has anything to do with your fps drops, I don't know: while the errors aren't directly related to Sims 4, if they're happening in the background, they could certainly slow down the game.  Either way, they should be addressed.  The first thing to try is to run a couple of basic checks on your Windows system files.  Here's how:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

If sfc reports it found corrupt files and was unable to repair some of them, stop here and let me know.  Otherwise, try to play Sims 4.  If fps is still low, try disabling Nahimic.  (It's difficult to uninstall it entirely; this is a much easier test.)  Restart your computer, open the Task Manager, and end any tasks that mention Nahimic, then launch the game without restarting again.  Let me know whether you see an improvement.

If this doesn't help fps either, please try playing while your computer is not connected to the internet.  You can sign into Origin and put it in offline mode, then disable wifi and/or pull the ethernet cable.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (211 Views)