FPS drop to 14 fps in buy/build mode

by Raevyness

Original Post

FPS drop to 14 fps in buy/build mode

★★★ Novice

I've noticed that I usually play on around 60fps solid, but recently when I go into the build/buy mode, i drop down to around 14 fps with it being super stuttery. I'm currently playing in the new StrangerVille world, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Message 1 of 6 (22,865 Views)

Re: FPS drop to 14 fps in buy/build mode

Hero (Retired)
@Raevyness

Try to disconnect the Internet completely when you play and check if FPS will drop after this. Recently there was an error reported related to the Internet connection
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Low-FPS-when-connected-to-Internet/m-p/7579549#

If it will not work could you post your Computer's DxDiag?
To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the text file to your post directly in option "Reply" - not Quick Reply

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 6 (22,847 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Hi;

See if opening the Game Options menu and closing it helps; I've been noticing this issue happening as of late after prolonged periods of game play. Close/Open of the Game Options menu seemed to temporarily fix the problem. I ended up having to reload the game to get it to stop, but it comes back after a few hours of gameplay.

- B

Message 3 of 6 (22,830 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@burin077 wrote:

Hi;

See if opening the Game Options menu and closing it helps; I've been noticing this issue happening as of late after prolonged periods of game play. Close/Open of the Game Options menu seemed to temporarily fix the problem. I ended up having to reload the game to get it to stop, but it comes back after a few hours of gameplay.

- B

Wow, that was the only thing I've been able to find on this issue that helped, thanks!

Message 4 of 6 (22,759 Views)

Message 5 of 6 (22,748 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@burin077 This works! :O what an odd bug!
Message 6 of 6 (16,803 Views)