FPS Dropping

by generuler4

Original Post

Accepted Solution

FPS Dropping

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hey everyone. So recently my fps have been dropping below 20 fps as soon as I start playing in live mode. In CAS and build Im at 167 fps which is fine since my monitor is 165. My FPS never went above 60 in life play anyway. But now it’s stuck at 20. I tried repairing my game, moving my mods out, moving my whole folder out, I updated  my drivers, check dust in my computer etc. nothing has helped. I have an I-7 and GTX 1060 6 gb

Message 1 of 7 (463 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: FPS Dropping

@generuler4  You actually have a 1660 ti, which is somewhat faster than a 1060.  Not that it really matters.

Please run a couple of basic checks on your Windows system files:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Restart your computer, and set Windows to always use high-performance mode for Sims 4.  Open Settings > System > Display, click Graphics settings, then Browse, and add TS4_x64.exe.  Click the Options button, and choose high performance.  Restart before playing.

If this doesn't help, I'd like to get more information on a couple of errors listed in your dxdiag.  Open a File Explorer window and write this in the address bar:

C:\Windows\Minidump

If there are any dump files from after this problem started happening, right-click on them and select Copy, then right-click on the desktop and select Paste.  From there, you can upload the file(s) to a third-party filehosting site and post a link.  If you find more than one, please zip them together.  If there aren't any recent files, that's fine, just let me know; the dxdiag doesn't list dates for the errors, so they could be a bit old.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (413 Views)

All Replies

@generuler4  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also try playing while your computer is completely offline.  You can sign into Origin and put it in offline mode, then disable wifi and/or disconnect the ethernet cable before pressing Play.  Even though this isn't an ideal workaround, it's useful to find out whether it helps at all.

Message 2 of 7 (458 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Here is the dxdiag file @puzzlezaddict 

Message 3 of 7 (450 Views)

★ Guide

I did everything with turning offline and disconnecting the internet but it still a constant 20 fps or lower.

Message 4 of 7 (445 Views)

@generuler4  You actually have a 1660 ti, which is somewhat faster than a 1060.  Not that it really matters.

Please run a couple of basic checks on your Windows system files:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Restart your computer, and set Windows to always use high-performance mode for Sims 4.  Open Settings > System > Display, click Graphics settings, then Browse, and add TS4_x64.exe.  Click the Options button, and choose high performance.  Restart before playing.

If this doesn't help, I'd like to get more information on a couple of errors listed in your dxdiag.  Open a File Explorer window and write this in the address bar:

C:\Windows\Minidump

If there are any dump files from after this problem started happening, right-click on them and select Copy, then right-click on the desktop and select Paste.  From there, you can upload the file(s) to a third-party filehosting site and post a link.  If you find more than one, please zip them together.  If there aren't any recent files, that's fine, just let me know; the dxdiag doesn't list dates for the errors, so they could be a bit old.

Message 5 of 7 (414 Views)

★ Guide

There were no errors with the first Powershell run. Then the second time it said it founded corrupt files and successfully repaired them. 

Message 6 of 7 (407 Views)

★ Guide

after going through everything it fixed my problems. My FPS are going above 60 now finally. Thank you so much! 

Message 7 of 7 (403 Views)