Original Post

Re: [INFO REQUEST] Save Error 533

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you upload your savegame please ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 93 (1,508 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm not sure which save file it was, because I saved frequently under different numbers. The error seems to be object related, and linked to the lot.  I tried to save a bugged lot to my library/gallery without success.  It gave no error message, but the lot wasn't in my gallery and the home page news feed showed a whited out picture.  It was corrupted and couldn't save.  I bulldozed my lot, placed another from the gallery, and the game has played without issue.

FYI:  I play with and without mods.  The error happened both ways, but recoloured objects are causing major issues with the latest patch.  I've seen several 533 errors caused by objects I've played with for several months.  I didn't report them, because they are mods and it's my fault for using them. 

Message 12 of 93 (1,492 Views)

Hero

OK.

Please upload should you come across it again.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 93 (1,474 Views)

★★ Novice

So I attempted the idea of moving my sims out of their lot (didn't sell furniture) and moving them back in. About a a half an hour into the game and so far it's fixed it. I'm gonna keep an eye on it. I'm saving it every 10-15 minutes as well but I don't know if that's what's keeping the error message from popping up. Guess we'll see! Thanks for the idea!

Message 14 of 93 (1,470 Views)

★★ Apprentice

So that is working (although it's tedious to have to continuously move my sims from home to home)  it's working as a temporary fix, but I'm still not able to pinpoint while playing the game what is causing this error to come up. Really hoping a source will be found!

Message 15 of 93 (1,453 Views)

Hero

It is tedious and only temporary but I'm confident that the saves I'm able to forward to the CM should help find the source of this and fix the error for good.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 93 (1,447 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sadly, I didn't find this thread until I'd already uninstalled and reinstalled the game, so I don't have my save files to upload. :/

I was playing a 7th generation family and hadn't noticed any errors in the previous families, but the issues started when my sims had infants in the household. While infants, the only issue I noticed was sims stopping random activities to "See What's Happening," which occurred during every activity from showering to skill building. After they aged up to children, I started having save issues with the error code beginning in 533.

I have all the expansion packs up to the newest Movie Hangout Stuff. I play on a Mac desktop.

Hopefully this issue gets resolved soon.

Message 17 of 93 (1,438 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm starting to think it has something to do with the babies too. It didn't happen until my sims baby aged up and then when I moved them out of their current household (after saving successfully once since the baby aged to a child) and moved them into a new household, it had reset so that the child had reverted back to a baby. Frown

Message 18 of 93 (1,427 Views)

★ Apprentice

I agree with the babies comment.  My current family keeps having unexpected children due to this bug.   The wife gave birth, and I wanted to save her to my sim library.  I went into manage neighborhoods, moved her out of the home and left her homeless.  From there I saved her to the library, but noticed she was still pregnant.  She had just given birth.  I moved her back into the family, and the new baby was in the cradle.  I did this again after she gave birth to the unexpected child, and the glitch happened again. 

It wasn't just the births and pregnancy that were reset.  The mother and father both took an age-away potion immediately after the birth, but they were old again when I returned from the manage worlds section.  The parents and other sim children were reset to an earlier time before the birth, but the sim baby didn't get deleted.  It's been born three times, and I have three different children.  The three youngest children for a total of six.  

I'm using mods, but the error seems the same as those already reported.  Would you like a copy of this save file?

Info:  All expansion packs and stuff additions

64 bit edition

Message 19 of 93 (1,416 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ok, I hope I did this right.  It's the first time I tried using a file sharing program.   I have the last game save, and the exception files.  The woman is, or should be pregnant in this save.  If you wanted to try and duplicate the error, you could just remove the older children and let the family continue to grow.   I saved before going into the world manager area, and I didn't save again until I returned to the home.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4r2yh5lzlwp9u8c/Glitched_Save_Files.zip

Message 20 of 93 (1,412 Views)