Re: [INFO REQUEST] Save Error 533

by Symux

Original Post

★ Apprentice

Sadly, more testing brought inconclusive results. 

Playing with Clubs

1st 533 glitch happened while one sim was at work.  The other four sims used the club feature to gather on a different lot and saved the game from there.  It worked without any game reset, or lost progress.

2nd 533 glitch occurred while the father was home, and the others were at work/school.  He alone started the group gathering process on a different lot, and the game reset to an earlier save. 

The club/group included all five members from their family plus his parents.

Message 31 of 93 (1,240 Views)

★★★ Novice

Happens 100% if you wait until 845 AM game time in the attached save file (Game time of save is around 8:30 AM).  Doesn't matter what the sim is doing, the speed of the game, any pending tasks for the sim, moving out/in.  Nothing works.

http://www.filedropper.com/badsave

I suspect that in my savegame's case it's because of the maid.  I first started seeing issues back in December after the maid died on my lot.  After that, the image in the notification wall that used to show a picture of the maid stopped showing a person.  After that would happen, 100% savewould fail.  What helped somewhat was to cancel the maid and move to a new lot.  That made it less frequent, although it would still happen from time to time.  In this current save file, the maid is active on a schedule.

No mods, no custom content, no cheats.  Just straight up 100% ea content.  I have both expansion packs and game packs, no stuff packs.

Message 32 of 93 (1,224 Views)

★ Apprentice

Moving out/in wouldn't work, because the auto-save fails and the game will revert back to the last uncorrupted save.   I'm not a tech guru, but I've been reading up on the auto-save feature since I realised my game was having issues with it.  My understanding of it might be wrong, but I found a way to bypass the 533 error and save my games.

Try this method and see if it works for you.

Start a club with all the sims from your family, and include sims from another lot that hasn't caused you issues.  (My family club had the founder as the leader, and he isn't one of the sims who live on this lot.  The club gathers at his home.)

Start a club gathering after you receive the 533 error, and have the club gather on the other lot.  Make sure all your sims are available and can leave, because those in school caused my game to fail.

Save once your sims arrive on the other lot.

Message 33 of 93 (1,220 Views)

★ Apprentice

Duchessducky, your error with the maid sounds familiar to a game issue Deaderpool discusses in her forum.  She looked into the issue and found a ghost sim without a household.  It was causing several game issues, and she created a fix for it.  I hope this comment doesn't get me banned for discussing a mod, but it'll clean those malfunctioning sims from your game.  In her example the game cycles through all the inactive sims to find matches for clubs, but the same function would happen when the game cycles through looking for a maid or any other inactive to fill a needed role.

This is a direct Quote from her.  She explains the issue.  All credit goes to Deaderpool

Quote "Ok, so here's the deal. It is something that EA could code around, but it is also data-specific. In your world, you have one Sim, Lucas Munch, who is from what I can tell, corrupted. He is a ghost, but he has no household. Normally ANY Sim has a household. If they're ghosts, they usually have hidden households but they still have households. Lucas does not so when the core scripts are iterating through all Sims to try to find replacement club members and they're running tests on each Sim, when the test gets to Lucas, it gets that error because he has no household and he should.

I have put together a fix for this bug, but if you actually have a corrupt Sim, it could generate other errors in other places. That I can't say. I just don't know how common this is so I don't know if EA should apply a fix for the issue or not. There's really not much else you can do about the corrupted Sim other than delete them and you'd lose some of the Pancake family tree if you did that.

Also, I don't know if the club causing the bug is a club you made or a club that came with Get Together. The particular club criteria that blows-up is a wealth-type limit on the club that a Sim must be "Rich" to be allowed in the club."

She is referring to that club that auto-generates, I forget the name.  It's for people with 30k+ who are tired of being looked down upon when they discuss needing to add a new wing to their home, and other problems of the wealthy.

Message 34 of 93 (1,216 Views)

★★★ Novice

Symux,

Thanks for your thoughful reply.  I tried that  mod and it seems to have allowed saving again.  Huzzah!

Would be nice for EA to fix this so that those of us who don't want to use mods don't have to!!!

Message 35 of 93 (1,209 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes, I'm glad it fixed your issue.

Message 36 of 93 (1,205 Views)

Hero

Thanks for all the reports and info

@Symux You can easily edit your posts by clicking on the cogwheel and choosing edit.

Please use that if you have stuff to add to your posts. Makes it easier then multiple posts. Do make a new post if someone has answered after you.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 93 (1,173 Views)

Re: The game failed to save error

★★ Novice

I have a lot of trouble saving since december. I can play for a period of time, save a couple of times and then, it won't work, i will get and error 533...... So I quit game, play again for a short period, save again, one or two times and i get the error code again.

I tried erase the save file and start a fresh no game. I tried uninstall the game twice. It works for a while and the problem came back.

I'm not using mods and i didn't download anything from the galerie since last reinstallation.

I have all the packs, kits and expansions.

Message 38 of 93 (1,170 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for the info.  I didn't notice the edit button, and I'm glad you pointed it out.  That would've made it much easier Standard smile

Message 39 of 93 (1,167 Views)

Re: The game failed to save error

Hero

@tatoumini

I merged your thread with this one. 533 is quite common atm. There's a few suggestions in this thread and also here: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/01/save-error-533/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 93 (1,152 Views)