Re: [INFO REQUEST] Save Error 533

by Symux

Original Post

Hero

Thanks

I'll pass it on. I don't have too much time to test myself atm.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 93 (1,611 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thought it was a couple of mods. Updated them and it stopped for a while.

When it happened again I pulled those mods. It stopped for a while.

Now it's happened again.

There was the question of how many club points - around 12k left after buying all the perks. The 533 error doesn't seem to correspond to club activities though.

The only really consistent thing is that it happens when I try to save after accomplishing something - promotion, new friend, birth, aspiration milestone. In other words - when it will cause the most frustration.

(Exception file attached.)

Message 22 of 93 (1,584 Views)

Hero

Could you also upload your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 93 (1,578 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi Crin, I managed to log in here, don't know why I couldn't before. I have uploaded my save which you wanted to see from this post http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/870796/failed-to-save-error-533#latest

I have tested this many times, and although in the beginning, I thought it may have been the recolour of my private eye desk, I have since confirmed that it has to do with the last memeber of a club dying and it cannot assign new leader (at least in my game) tammyjo also had this instance in her game, (we both do the drifter challenge) and she said she had to join the club, become leader and add a heap new memebers ot fix the problem, she was then able to save successfully.

Message 24 of 93 (1,554 Views)

Hero

Thanks.

My schedule is a bit tight this week.

Also would be good to have your whole saves folder.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 93 (1,541 Views)

★ Apprentice

New information that might help isolate the problem.

I've been getting around the 533 issue by saving my lot to the library and bulldozing the current lot.  I'd then place it back into the game and save as normal.  This time it didn't work, because it was the lot itself that was bugged/glitched.  I deleted everything manually, and when I tried to bulldoze the lot the game said the object couldn't be found. 

I used the club feature to gather the entire family on another lot, and when they weren't at home I clicked on manage worlds and tried to replace the lot from there.  Again, I received the message "Object not found."  It was referring to lot itself, and not the building or any objects found on it.  I returned to my active family and kept them on the community lot while I saved the game.  It bypassed the 533 error, but I still had the issue with the lot.  A game restart fixed  whatever caused the issue, and I could place the home from my library without my sims losing any progress they made before the glitch.

Could the problem be in the world files, or wherever the empty lot files are located?  

Message 26 of 93 (1,519 Views)

★ Apprentice

Error Code: 533:17829023963535025186:6849401894602779861

Message 27 of 93 (1,515 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sorry for the multiple posts, but I found a constant variable that always resulted in my sims and lot losing their progress.   It's the World Manager editor or feature that causes it.

My reasoning ....

- My sims don't lose progress when I keep them on the lot and bulldoze their home from the build menu.  The game allows us to place homes from the library, so I've been saving the lot to the library, bulldozing it, and replacing it without an issue until last night.  I could then save my game without losing progress.

- Last night the lot itself was glitched, and not any objects on it.  The bulldoze feature wouldn't work due to this error, so I deleted the house room by room until I had nothing left on the lot.  The bulldozer still didn't work.  Instead of jumping into the world manager, I used the club feature and started a gathering on another lot.  My sims went to hang with their buddies, and I saved my game from there.  It worked, so I quit the game and restarted it.  Whatever caused the lot to glitch had been fixed in the restart.  The lot was still demolished, and my sims didn't lose their progress.  I could then replace the home from the library files and continue to play. 

Things not affected by the world manager/editor

- newborn babies will stay as newborns, although their mothers can be reset to a time before they were born.  This means multiple babies if you keep using the world editor after each birth.

- Character progress on lots not associated with yours.  A sim from another home died on my lot, and my sim called her ghost forth and eventually invited her into his family.  The 533 glitch happened and I entered world manager to try and save the game.  It kicked the ghost from his family, but she returned to her original home.  My lot and sims reset to a point before she died, but she was still dead and living with her old family. 

Message 28 of 93 (1,506 Views)

★ Apprentice

Drats, I just reread my original post and realised I messed up the actual order I did things in.  This is to fix it, and again I'm sorry for the multiple posts.

Steps done to avoid the reset glitch

1. Used the club gathering feature to send my sims to a different lot.

2. Saved game

3. Went into world manager/editor to replace their home lot with one from the bin.  The game rejected everything and gave the object not found error message.

4. Returned to the family while they were on the community lot and saved a second time. 

*The game saves when we use the world manager and move our sims to a different lot.  The game gives us no error message when it saves, but we always noticed the sims had been reset to an earlier save point.  I suspect the problem is in entering the world manager to begin with, because at that point the sims are reset to the earlier save and the game won't give any other errors because there aren't any.*

5. Quit the game and restarted it.

6.  The lot was still bulldozed, and the sims didn't lose any progress since I started the gathering.

The reason I mention this is because the world editor/manager feature is the one constant I had every time I ran into the reset glitch.  Couldn't save the sims, so I entered the world manager and tried everything imaginable to create a new save.  Clicking on another sim family and saving from their lot didn't work, nor did moving the sims around.  They were always reset.  Entering build mode and demolishing the lot had been a temp fix for the bugged object, or 533 error.  It was the entering world manager that reset the sims and their lot back to an earlier save point.

By using the club gathering feature, I was able to move my sims off their bugged lot and to another without looking at the world map.  The game saved as normal when they were on a different lot, so the reset bug isn't sim related.  It's on the lot itself.    The world manager triggers the reset, but it might not be the initial problem.  I'm assuming it has a mechanism to reset/clean lots when you enter world edit mode, and if the lot is glitched it would revert back to an earlier save.  That would affect your sims, and the lot itself.

I've  noticed this constant in the many games I've played.  A little more information on that ... I tend to create a new game every few days, and keep my legacy family stored in the library.  The sims, their homes, and everything else gets installed in the new fresh game, and I keep playing until I hit the 533 reset bug.  Once the bug starts, it becomes more frequent.

*** The following isn't bug related, but a quick post on binning legacy families without losing connections or relations***

- Bin the founder/ghost with their spouse and children, but don't include grandchildren.

- Bin each generation with their separate households.

1.  Place the founder and their children on a lot.

2. Use the house editor function and move out the kids to create their own separate families

3. Open the newly created single sim family, and merge them with their household from your library file.  *Sims in the library keep their traits, skills, and aspirations*

4. This creates a duplicate copy of the original sim.  You'll end up having two Johnathans in your family, so delete the one you copied from the bin.  You need to keep the original Johnathan, because he has a relationship with the founder. (You can avoid the duplicate by removing them from the family before you bin them, but absent mindedness and mistakes causes me to screw that up.)

5. Edit the relationships for the family.  You can always add spouses and children in cas, but you can't modify a parental relationship without using the play with genetics feature.  This is why you must add future wives and children after moving the original ones out from the founder's home.  Do this with each generation, and you can complete the sim legacy family with all their connections.

Message 29 of 93 (1,497 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes, more progress!

- The 533 error happened again, so this time I tried using the 'Travel' option to get the sims to a different lot.  The game saved on the different lot, but all progress had been lost.  The game reset, just as it does with the game manager. 

It's the opening of the world map that causes the game to reset, as it happens with both the travel to option and the game manager option.   The game did not reset when I used the club gathering feature to travel to a different lot, so it's not due to the loading screens.

Sorry for all the posts, but I think it narrows down where the Reset glitch is coming from. 

Message 30 of 93 (1,492 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help