Re: [INFO REQUEST] Save Error 533

by Symux

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Save Error 533

[ Edited ]
Hero

UPDATE: This issue should now be resolved. Please let me know if it's not.

Many seem to be plagued by Save Error 533 atm.

I have tested a couple save games now and found there's no consistent reason although it might have something to do with corrupted Sims and the notification system. 

So far on the saves I've tried, I was able to save again, after moving the Sims out and back in via manage household. Move them to a different lot (make sure to sell your furniture) and then back to your old house. This should reset the Sims so that you can save again. This is only a temp workaround until EA/Maxis can actually fix the underlying bug.

Any feedback on this is welcome. Save games are appreciated so EA/Maxis can find the actual bug and fix it. 

Other things you can try

• Reset your user files
  • Start a new game for testing purposes
  • Use Save as and use a new name
  • Try playing offline
  • Try saving on a different lot or in manage world
  • Make sure your mods are uptodate or remove completely.
  • Save every 10-15 min

Info to provide

• Please attach any lastexception files you find here: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\ (unless they are really old)
  • Zip and Upload your affected save game and upload them to mediafire or dropbox or another site that doesn't require to register to download. If unsure which file it is, zip your entire Saves folder. Post the link in this thread or if you don't feel comfortable with everyone seeing it, PM me the link.
  • Describe what happened beforehand. Especially everything involving messages.
  • Anything you think might be causing the issue for you
  • Which expansion packs do you own ?
  • Are you on a Mac or PC ?

Here's a few other threads about the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 93 (26,931 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

This issue should now be resolved.

Any feedback is appreciated though.

@Amaria93 @astine333 @KGorjup @Symux

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 47 of 93 (11,237 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

Would you suggest reinstalling the game? 

Message 2 of 93 (26,887 Views)

Hero

No. That's probably a waste of time.

Save games is what I would need.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 93 (26,869 Views)

Message 4 of 93 (26,855 Views)

Hero

I'll give those a try tomorrow

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 93 (26,837 Views)

Hero

@Amaria93 Did you ever call repair services ? I was able to duplicate the error after I called a repair service.

Forwarding your save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 93 (26,802 Views)

Hero

I have tested a couple save games now and found there's no consistent reason although it might have something to do with corrupted Sims and the notification system. 

So far on the saves I've tried, I was able to save again, after moving the Sims out and back in via manage household. Move them to a different lot (make sure to sell your furniture) and then back to your old house. This should reset the Sims so that you can save again. This is only a temp workaround until EA/Maxis can actually fix the underlying bug.

Any feedback on this is welcome. Save games are appreciated so EA/Maxis can find the actual bug and fix it. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 93 (26,792 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ok, thank you for looking into it. I hope ea/maxis can get to the source of this problem if its a game issue and fix it soon. I will continue trying different things. I understand manage household works, but whenever I went back after returning I would lose all progress from the corruption onward.

Message 8 of 93 (26,758 Views)

Hero

If you move them out and back in (not just save from the world manager), that should not happen.

Whatever bug is causing the save error seems to be corrected by moving them out and back in.

I've tried and I was able to save progress despite having the error before.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 93 (26,743 Views)

★ Apprentice

Moving them out and back in doesn't work, as it resets to a previous save.  I tested this by deleting my garden, and I came back to it fully grown and ready for harvesting.

I've been having the same issue, but I ran into an odd situation.  I'm not sure if this would help or hinder your search.

My sim invited a ghost into his family who recently died on his lot.  She agreed to move in, and he invited her into a club to prevent it from vanishing when all its members died.  He invited her into another club that she wasn't a member of while alive.  The glitch happened, so I moved the family out and came back to the same lot. 

My sim was set back to the last save, but the ghost had an odd progression.  She had been alive in the old save, and should've been again.  Instead, she was a ghost living with her old family.  That never happened at any part in my game, because my sim raised her from the tombstone and invited her into his family.  She never did live with the other family after she became a ghost. 

It intrigued me, so I switched active houses to the one with the ghost.  She kept her membership in both clubs, so the game recorded the club information correctly but didn't update the sim.  It kept her ghostly state, but didn't update her current living arrangements. 

Message 10 of 93 (26,606 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help