Households won't load after Oct. 27th update

by solitary987

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [PATCH 1.24.102] Map Reloading

[ Edited ]
Hero

I'm merging all map reloading issues in here.

Please, remove your mods before starting your game. 

If you have this issue, please do not save your game but exit without saving. Not to the main menu but completely shut it down.

So far this can be related to mods or some unknown issue with existing games.

Remove your mods to make sure it's not that.

For everyone else, I recommend to put your save into a safe place and start a new game for the time being until Maxis can fix the issue. 

I do not need any more save games at this point.

Thanks to everyone that has sent theirs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 203 (34,804 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [PATCH 1.24.102] Map Reloading

Hero

The issue that was present after Patch 1.24 has been fixed.

I will lock this thread now. 

If you have further issues, please read this post for more information: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/PLEASE-READ-Map-Reloading/m-p/6158906/thread-id/95485

If you still have issues, please open a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 203 of 203 (27,432 Views)

All Replies

Households won't load after Oct. 27th update

★★ Apprentice

When i click on a household it acts like it is going to load but after a while it just goes back to the screen where you can select towns. None of the households will load. I removed all mods, turned off mods and custom content, repaired the game and restarted everything and still it wouldn't work. 

Message 1 of 203 (34,896 Views)

Re: Households won't load after Oct. 27th update

Hero

Did you play the game with mods in or played with them turned off ?

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user file.

@solitary987

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 2 of 203 (34,891 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I played it with them in, played it with the mods out, out and turned off in settings, in and turned off in settings. Every combination i could think of. 

Message 3 of 203 (34,883 Views)

Hero

Do you maybe have a backup of the game (you can use any of the auto backups) that is uncorrupted ?

It's very possible that you corrupted the game when playing with incompatible mods in.

To find out, you would need to remove your mods and see if the backup works fine.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 203 (34,871 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Nope never did that. But if it all fails i am able to get into household management right now and am backing up all the households. then im gonna see if they work in a new game. did you update your game today and its still working?

Message 5 of 203 (34,869 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hi @solitary987

If you still have saves that are exhibiting the problem, I'd like to take a look at them if you're willing to share them with me.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 203 (34,864 Views)

Hero

Ì have updated my game but not played yet.

Check if you have any files .slot_0000000x.save.verY

x = number of your save

Y = number between 0 and 4

If those have a date from before the patch, you can try those.

If not, forward your save to Robo as requested.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 203 (34,850 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have the same problem.  I've removed all cc from the mod directory, switched off the ability to use cc and even tried to start a new game from scratch.  Nothing works.  It's as if EA has messed up the links in the new update.

Message 8 of 203 (34,832 Views)

Oct. 27 patched Mac game won't load just loops back to home worlds view screen

★★★★★ Apprentice

The question says it all. Origin just updated my game today with the latest patch. I click on load game, Willow Creek map comes up and I click on the family, the plumbob appears and I wait a few moments and am taken to the home worlds view map. I've rebooted the game twice and it just loops back to the home worlds view. The repair game option is greyed out. I can't play the game at all. Tried creating a new one and no go. HELP!

Message 9 of 203 (34,831 Views)