Original Post

Re: [ISSUE] Loading family just loads Map again - PLEASE PATCH YOUR GAME

Hero

Sorry, I didn't have the time yet.

On my plan tomorrow.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 151 of 171 (732 Views)

Hero

Hi @colourmeperfect

I've tried your save and it loads fine for me. 

Have you tried removing all your mods and a factory reset as described on the first page ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 152 of 171 (728 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, thank you for trying it! I have done the factory reset a few times and the issue has come back, so it probably is a mod issue. This might be a really dumb question, but when we're talking about corrupt mods, is it just script mods? or could custom hairs/clothes etc be an issue too? Because from memory I removed my script mods and nothing was fixed, but there could have been something in another folder. I'll play around a bit, but an answer to that question would save me a lot of time, haha.

Thanks again for all of your help!

Message 153 of 171 (723 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

The probability of hair and cloth being the issue here is very slim. With this issue, I'm not going to say not possible though.

Non-script mods on the other hand could very well be the issue. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 154 of 171 (718 Views)

★ Guide

Brand new system and install here with Get to Work and the christmas pack...and it's doing it for me too. I have an i7 and 4gb graphics card so I'm not out of resources.

I started playing with a new sim. I built a house, then tried to get her to make a salad. Nothing happened. So I started getting her to meet people. After a while I noticed she wasn't interacting all the time just standing there frozen. I saved and quit, removed cache, and now it wont load into even a new household.

I really hope this is fixed soon.

Message 155 of 171 (648 Views)

Hero

Are you using mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 156 of 171 (644 Views)

★ Guide

Yes. After deleting all my saves and the InTeen and Emotional Overdrive mods it seemed to fix itself up a bit. Hoping not to run into that issue again! Standard smile

Message 157 of 171 (639 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Loading family just loads Map again

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I encountered this problem just recently. I was still able to play the game roughly 4 hours ago. Then this happened without warning. I have the link to my zipped saves file in the hope that it helps find the error, so that it gets fixed permanently. 

*removed link*

I was playing a family of 8 in Newcrest on the 50x40 home lot. The family I was playing is Pink household. The last saved game is named "Janine 19". I also opened a previous save named "Janine 18". They are the only files I opened since I've encountered the problem.

I have no mods in my game. And as far as I know, I have no CC. My game is also patched to the most recent one (Feb 4).

I'm still going to follow the solution provided here. I hope I can make the game work again. Good thing I was able to back up my saves last night. :D

Message 158 of 171 (619 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

The issue does occur on 19, not on 18 for me. Make sure to close down the game completely (not just main menu) before loading 18 after 19.

I'll check if I can find anything on 19 but if they aren't that far apart and you're fine with continuing on 18, let me know.

EDIT: Might have found a fix for you. It's weird that your house does not show up on the map.

1. Load Save Janine 19
  2. Load the lot NEXT to the Pink family one that has no family (an empty one) in build mode
  3. Zoom around a bit and make sure you see the Pink families house (wow, did you build that ?) on the neighboring lot
  4. Go back to the map. The house should now show up again
  5. Load your family
  6. If that works, save it under a new name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 159 of 171 (610 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrict Thanks for the fast reply! Indeed it was only 19 that got corrupted somehow. I did the solution you posted at your first post and checked single saves to see which one works and one that doesn't. I was able to open 18, when I checked, the progress wasn't so far, so I just continued it instead of retrieving 19.

When I think about it., the problem may have occurred because I probably saved 19 when one of the family members are either in school or at work. I couldn't remember clearly as I was in a hurry earlier and was saving without making sure all of them are home already. 

Anyway, thank you so much. And yep, I built that house. Standard smile Still not done with it though. Still a work in progress.

---Edit--

Oh, and if the link is not needed anymore, is it okay for me to delete the file on dropbox or is it still needed for some other thing?

Message 160 of 171 (604 Views)