[FIXED] Loading family just loads Map again

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [Info Request] Loading family just loads Map again

★★★★★ Novice

Very sad, this is a long time to not be able to play a game for people who LOVE it AND this happening during a Christmas break is worse. My kids and I started over twice and now we are playing on our tablet which has windows 8.1, and we have NOT had the problem since we started on this tablet. We did not load in those other families we had been playing with either, in case one was bugged in the family. Not sure if the version of Windows is playing a role in this but we are running smooth on a little Surface pro tablet. I have not returned to my laptop yet since I feel maybe Windows 7 is playing a role in it... I am scared to remake a Secret agent or a business major, in case his career is what was bugged. 

I do have the Christmas package installed on this tablet running 8.1, no problems YET, thank goodness. 

Message 91 of 1,431 (4,551 Views)

Re: Can't Open Households - Sims 4

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ceharrold @lilwilddove Merged. Please refer to the first post of this thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 92 of 1,431 (4,549 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
Do you have this issue only on a particular save game or on all of them ?
All of them

Can you start a new game for testing purposes ok ?
No I can't get to play their family

Have you been switching families or played one ?
just one but after it wouldn't load families I made a new one and it did exactly the same thing.

Do you remember what careers/aspiration the Sims in your household were in ?
Cooking, athletic and I can't remember the kids

Are there children/teens in your family ?
I had 3 sets of boy twins but then I drowned 5 of them (they are children)

If you started a new game and had this issue, did you put in an older Sims family or completly start from scratch?
Start from scratch

Anything else you think important (no rants please) ?
My game would sometimes crash and a box would pop up saying "Sims 4 has stopped working". And one of my kids were about to die and I used a cheat that re-filled his health and and death was there so I couldn't remove the wall around the pool he was in and so my kid's health wouldnt get any lower so I couldn't kill my kid or save him.
Message 93 of 1,431 (6,497 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
  1. Are you using custom content or mods in your game ?   No 
  2. Do you have this issue only on a particular save game or on all of them ?   All of them
  3. Can you start a new game for testing purposes ok ?   Only when saved files are on my desktop
  4. Do the backups of the saves work (Here's instructions how to access them) ?   No
  5. If they do, do they corrupt after a while too ?
  6. Do you have any lastexception.txt files in documents\electronicarts\thesims4\ ? If so, please zip them up (all of them) and upload to mediafire or dropbox and post the link here.
  7. If you are also willing to share your save games, please also zip them up and upload. If you don't want to share the links publicly, you can PM me, I'll pass them on.  

Questions about your save game

1. Have you been switching families or played one ? Just one
  2. Do you remember what careers/aspiration the Sims in your household were in ?   Criminal
  3. Are there children/teens in your family ?   2 children
  4. If you started a new game and had this issue, did you put in an older Sims family or completly start over from scratch ?   Started from scratch
  5. How much disc space do you have left on the drive that has your docments folder on ?  
  6. Anything else you think important (no rants please) ? This all happened after the Grim Reaper came to take away my sims boyfriend and got stuck continuously peeing in the toilet
Message 94 of 1,431 (6,485 Views)

★★ Novice
  1. Do you have this issue only on a particular save game or on all of them ?ALL OF THEM
  2. Can you start a new game for testing purposes ok ?I DID AND IT WONT WORK
  3. Do the backups of the saves work instructions how to access them) ?I DONT KNOW
  4. If they do, do they corrupt after a while too ?I DONT KNOW
  5. Do you have any lastexception.txt files in documents\electronicarts\thesims4\ ? If so, please zip them up (all of them) and upload to mediafire or dropbox and post the link here. NO
  6. If you are also willing to share your save games, please also zip them up and upload. If you don't want to share the links publicly, you can PM me, I'll pass them on. IM NOT SURE

Questions about your save game

1. Have you been switching families or played one ?SWITCHING BUT WAS JUST PLAYING ONE FOR A WHILE
  2. Do you remember what careers/aspiration the Sims in your household were in ?CRIMINAL
  3. Are there children/teens in your family ?YES, ONE CHILD
  4. If you started a new game and had this issue, did you put in an older Sims family or completly start over from scratch ?STARTED A NEW FAMILY AND MOVED INTO A PRESAVED HOUSE
  5. How much disc space do you have left on the drive that has your docments folder on ?I DONT KNOW
  6. Anything else you think important (no rants please) ?WILL IT EVER WORK I PAYED LOTS OF MONEY FOR THIS?
Message 95 of 1,431 (6,479 Views)

★★ Novice

How do you remove the entire saves folder, becuase at this point i am desperate... i reinstalled STILL dosent work.

Thank you so much for your help as i know that you are very busy Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 96 of 1,431 (6,477 Views)

Sims 4 Glitch (all lots unplayable)

★ Novice

I cannot open any household - this occurred after several hours of playing so the installation was correct.  When I try to play a household, I get the triangle of hope showing the household is loading, but then it returns me to the world map.  This is happening for all lots - residential and commercial.  The only thing I have done recently is load the Holiday package (which worked after loading) and downloaded a sim from Origin which apparently had custom content.  She showed up without hair.  Please help.

Message 97 of 1,431 (6,402 Views)

Problem with loading family just loads Map again - sims 4

★ Novice

I have The Sims 4. it worked well, but last two days I have a problem with loading family. any time I want to load the family, I'm sistematicaly pushed back to map without possibility to do anything.

kindly ask for help and advice

Message 98 of 1,431 (6,404 Views)

my solution for having problrm with loading family

★ Novice

you have to press new game and  everything will work.

Message 99 of 1,431 (6,402 Views)

sims 4 doesn't play game when i select a household

★ Novice

When I'm at the screen with the neighborhood, I click on my household to resume playing.  When I do that, it takes me right back to the neighborhood screen.  I have restarted my game several times, I"ve restarted my computer as well and it still keeps acting this way.  I would like to know what the problem is and how to solve it.

Thank You.

Message 100 of 1,431 (4,843 Views)