Re: [FIXED] Loading family just loads Map again

by nikakaru

Original Post

Hero

I've forwarded your save so it would be good if you could leave the file up on dropbox for a while.

You can remove the link from your post though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 161 of 171 (1,480 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had this problem before, but I didn't care because when I restarted the game everything was fine. But today when I got my Sims to get married in The Von Haunt Estate with other relatives that were their neighbours ( I spent the entire summer to build a big family with 20 members ) when I used the testingcheatsenabled cheat to change the appearrence of the bride ( because they were already in the Von Haunt Estate ) when I was done and I wanted to get back to the event, the game showed me the world selection. At first I just restarted the game, hoping it would be fine. But it wouldn't fix. I tried to repair the game ( I also repaired my EP and everything ) but it wouldn't work. I don't want to do the backup thing because I can't understand it and because I don't want to lose the family I tried so much to create... Please, if you can, tell me some other way I can fix my game. Thank you. Frown

Message 162 of 171 (1,409 Views)

Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 163 of 171 (1,402 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello -

I was not sure where to ask this but I have a similar but not the same exact problem. After repairing the game for another issue (placement issue with mirrors not going over sinks) I could not click on the big arrow from the Worlds Maps to start playing any of my households (however I could change maps). When I click the arrow button, all that happens is the music pauses. I have no modified content, just DLC add ons. I have tried repairing the game twice and restarting it and it did not fix the issue. Thanks for any help.

~Strife

Message 164 of 171 (1,384 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 165 of 171 (1,369 Views)

★★ Novice
Holy *, I can't believe I'm still receiving emails that this is still happening. What is this, 2+ years now and they still haven't been bothered to fix a major game breaking bug? I'm done with this company.
Message 166 of 171 (1,360 Views)

Hero

This bug is not a bug. It's a symptom of one.

If the game runs into an error while loading a lot, it will reset back to a safe point. Which is the map. The initial issue was fixed a long while ago (hence the fixed tag).

These days there's mostly two issues causing it:

- Mods

- A problem where a community lot is recognized as incomplete when it's not.

Totally different issue from the initial one.

Question is: Do YOU still have issues ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 167 of 171 (1,357 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks for the word salad. I am a developer myself, this is unacceptable.
Message 168 of 171 (1,353 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

How is it unacceptable when it's mostly incompatible mods ?

The other one is actually quite new and hard to track down as it seems to resolve itself on reload.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 169 of 171 (1,350 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thanks Crinrict - I was going to try your solution but magically the game worked on its own again. I don't know why - perhaps shutting the entire machine down instead of restarting the game got rid of some sort of temp conflicts. There were a few glitches at first such as sim relationships not showing up and other things missing that were easily solved by clicking on the sim again, things like that.  I'll keep this in mind if it happens again though.

Edit: for the record, I don't use any mods at all just dl content and expansions. I was playing Newcrest and when the game saved to open in Newcrest instead of my original lots in the base game, I got the error.

Message 170 of 171 (1,334 Views)