Re: [ISSUE] Loading family just loads Map again - Need your bugged save games

by Satharen

Original Post

Hero

@eliskimops

Same as the others. That household has an Easel that's causing the issue.

Delete the easel (including the started painting on it) and it should load again.

Make sure to close down the game, then start it again. Then go straight to build mode.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1381 of 1,431 (429 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much!

I deleted the unfinished painting when I read a comment stating that would help, but thought it didn't work for me. Thanks once again for the help (and all the time you put into solving these problems!)

Message 1382 of 1,431 (423 Views)

Hero

But deleting the easel worked for you too, right ?

------

Anyways, I have update the first post with what I've learned today.

Thanks for all your save games and I really hope that most of you can now play again.

EA is still reading this thread and I'll make sure they are aware of the newest issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 1383 of 1,431 (419 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Everything works after deleting what I had to causing the problem, Thank you.

Message 1384 of 1,431 (541 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there!

Thank you so much, it seems to be working now!

10/10, would ask sim questions again!

Message 1385 of 1,431 (498 Views)

Hero

@E11ykins @rastahd21

Glad it does.

Thank you for the feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 1386 of 1,431 (464 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello.

I've had this bug for several days now. I've tried deleting households, removing and adding back my saves, removing mods, deleting everything in the gallery I have installed that isn't by maxis, reinstalling and repairing the game. Nothing's worked.

I can't delete any easels in build mode, because build mode also takes me to the map. I'm losing my mind. Please help!

Message 1387 of 1,431 (448 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, any chance to take a look into a savegames which I uploaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4eg4kgvun7czc0/saves.zip?dl=0 ??

Thank you very much in advance, game worked for like 60 hours of gameplay, but suddenly I am unable to load anything..I have to say that there are plenty of easels in the saves, but I dont know which one is causing the problem...

Message 1388 of 1,431 (446 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

https://www.mediafire.com/?oa2jdh17xbtji59

Here is a link to my bugged save files, by the way! I've tried everything and it hasn't worked Frown

It's infuriating because we paid MONEY for this. Real money. And what was the point if it's going to be totally unplayable?

I can play no families. My own, EA's, none. I cannot go into build mode.

The family that first didn't work (although it could've been any family, I had two at the time) had kids just before it happened, if that's any help.

Message 1389 of 1,431 (444 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OK doesnt mind, I solved the problem now by deleting all the easels on my properties..:D Thanks anyway! And yes, its really annoying bug - we paid money for such unfinished game, which is updated by additional extensions which costs another money..but what can we expect from EA :D Anyway its a good game, if its unbugged Standard smile Hope to find a solution soon mate Standard smile

Message 1390 of 1,431 (438 Views)