Re: [ISSUE] Loading family just loads Map again - Need your bugged save games

by SimsNPSP61

Original Post

Highlighted

★★ Novice

What do we do ? I Just Purchased the latest Patio Pack today and I Can not even get into my game. Oh I even Uninstalled and Re Installed my games with the same results.  I also did the Delete all cache files before the Un/Re-install and no good there  that is why I uninstalled and reinstalled  It seems like there is northing I can do on My end to fix this problem so I as like everybody else ask you for your help please.

Thanks

Message 1261 of 1,431 (2,651 Views)

Hero

A particular save game or the game in general ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1262 of 1,431 (2,617 Views)

★★ Novice

The whole game

Message 1263 of 1,431 (3,150 Views)

★★ Novice

When I Start My Game  on the Loading Screen  in the Right Hand Corner comes that Orange Box about the saved games being in a newer version of the game.  There is no Button to click to go to My Families or My Worlds and it automatically takes me to create a sim

Message 1264 of 1,431 (3,187 Views)

★★ Novice

And Just tried it again just to see if it would go and the same thing happened  I Tried it both ways on line and off line   through Origin and through the Desktop

Message 1265 of 1,431 (3,180 Views)

game breaking bug -> gallery lots with sim made paintings from outdoor retreat

★★ Novice

Description of the problem:

If a lot downloaded from the gallery contains sim made paintings from outdoor retreat, and you don't own it, the paintings appear in build mode with a '?' .

If you don't delete them, the next time you try to access that lot, either in build mode or live mode, you will be redirected to the 'choose worlds' screen.

Subsequently when you try to play any sim, or enter any plot in build mode, you are redirected to the 'choose worlds' screen, rendering your game unplayable.

I've tested this in a new game with two lots from the gallery that contain outdoor retreat paintings :

-Hydrangea Night NoCC by agusiamal

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/346001E0FBF811E4892B780525D3AA9B

(in the comments of this lot other users say that it had messed up their game)

-Paintings by ju1ka:

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/3D093C60DD3511E481086931A5A3888F

(collection of all sim made paintings including Outdoor Retreat landscape paintings)

Temporary solution :

1. Delete all cache (cache, cachestr and localthumbcache.package)
  1. From the map view place another lot on top of the one containing the outdoor retreat paintings

Then everything comes back to normal.

And you can place the lot with the paintings again, delete them, and then use the lot normally.

I've tested this 3 times, in 2 old games and in 1 completely new game.

I own the base game only, I have no CC and no mod.

My game is patched to the latest version.

I hope these paintings can be removed or replaced like the rest of the unowned content when we download lots from the gallery Standard smile

Thanks -

Véro

Message 1266 of 1,431 (3,165 Views)

Re: game breaking bug -> gallery lots with sim made paintings from outdoor re

Hero

Hi @veroUKfr

thank you for this.

I've merged this explanation to the thread with the issue and I'll add a link to your solution to the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 1267 of 1,431 (3,156 Views)

Re: sims 4 is not letting me play!

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@danixx2012 Hi,

I have merged your post into the main thread about this issue. Please check the very first post crinrict has posted here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ISSUE-Loading-family-just-loads-Map-again-Need-your-bugged-save/...

Cheers,

Nils

Message 1268 of 1,431 (3,130 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just want to play my sims,

When I load a family to a Lot, if I don't get stuck on the map and I actually do make it to the Lot my Sims aren't there and there are blank slots in place of where my sims should be.

I don't really care about my save games If can just play my new family it would be great.

Message 1269 of 1,431 (3,122 Views)

Hero

@kiaralight Are you using mods in your game ? If so, please remove them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 1270 of 1,431 (3,119 Views)