Re: [Partially FIXED] Loading family just loads Map again - Please update your g

by talsp

Original Post

Re: [Partially FIXED] Loading family just loads Map again - Please update your g

★★ Novice

I haven't been able to play any of the families, all of them have the issue.

@crinrict wrote:

@kwlcas wrote:

I've tried to go into the manage worlds bit offline and online and both times it told me i couldn't do it from that mode, so I have no idea whether generic households are causing some of my problems. I've repaired the game before and after the update and that didn't do anything, also tried the thing where you put that save file into the desktop, but that hasn't been working either. It's all of my households that won't work at all. Here is my saves folder https://www.dropbox.com/s/qciuvzi04pa5q2e/saves.zip?dl=0

I've tried both your save games. Which family do you have issues with ? I can't duplicate.

Message 991 of 1,431 (378 Views)

Hero

So when loading the family itself or when going traveling with them ? I can load them fine.

Are you using any mods in your game ? Do you have Outdoor Retreat ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 992 of 1,431 (374 Views)

[ Edited ]

In my case I have Outdoor Retreat and the Christmas package, I have never used mods.
To me it happend while traveling, with a Sim met on vacation, cutting the vaction short for a pregnant Sim. 
I just gone over 200 hours of play time.
My system has no problems with Sims 4 what so ever, it's running so smooth on the highest settings. 

I played for a good hour, went away from the computer thinking the game was on pause, but it wasn't.
But she kept alive, on an other lot, for an hour on speed 1.
Then I met that guy she fell in love with, she got pregnant, and I wanted them both to travel home to her house.
Also I just collected all the space rocks, and divorced an other guy and put him in with a random family.

I thought it was weird that it went to the map, ans aspeccially to Willow Creek, the house my Sim lives in is in Oasis Springs. 
Tried opening the game but it starts loading, sometimes the music changes really randomly but over all it's just the normal loading screen music. 
I did not even use the 'bb.moveobjects on' cheat this time, it was all the pure Sims. 

If you want to know what Sim I was playing with, go to my Gallery (same username), I played with 'Linder' in the 'Garden Home'. She had a lot of plants and a rocket ship in the garden... 

That's all I can think of as information to recreate (you should not want to recreate this, it's awful not being able to play) the problem. 
It's really you click on a house, click the play button, loading screen comes up, music playing, tips are shown, and you go back to the map. 
Nothing more, nothing less. 

And to complete it a video of the problem: http://youtu.be/QFaymybSzM0

(
Also tried turning off the Steelseries program, I have the Sims 4 mouse and headset, did not work, closed every program that was open before opening Sims 4, did not work as well)

If I can help you with anything else, tell me... I'm like checking every hour to see if the problem is fixed yet... 
Yes, I really love my Sims, I've been playing since Sims 1, could not play for years because I had to pick a Macbook (aka evil Sims hating machines).

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 993 of 1,431 (364 Views)

★★★ Novice
This basically happened to me too. I have Outdoor Retreat and my sims were pregnant and I traveled somewhere but couldn't go back home. It might be linked to traveling pregnant sims lol
Message 994 of 1,431 (330 Views)

Hero

@Phantomlover1717 Not sure, did I test your save game ? I was referring to @kwlcas whos' issue with their savegame I cannot duplicate on my machine.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 995 of 1,431 (326 Views)

★ Apprentice

I Can't even activate my game

no real solution or response

it is a disgrace

Message 996 of 1,431 (323 Views)

Sims 4 doesnt work after starting the game

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Since i downloaded a free update for sims 4 (holidays) the game launches, but i cant play with my characters. I also can make new households but i cant play with those. 

After going to the worlds and clicking on a household i click play. Then a need to choice which character i want to play (new since updating). I click a character end i get the loading screen. But after 30 till 120 seconds i am back in the worldscreen. 

Is this a bug? i already tried to set my computer off and on. Also i tried to reinstall the game. Did didnt work.

Please help me, i want to play again.

Greets, Lor

Message 997 of 1,431 (325 Views)

Re: Sims 4 doesnt work after starting the game

Hero

@Kliermier Merged your thread. Could you please read the first page to see if that helps you in any way.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 998 of 1,431 (321 Views)

No you did not test my save game, but I don't think you will be able to find the problem in the saved games. 
I have a feeling it's something with the code...

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 999 of 1,431 (317 Views)

Re: Sims 4 doesnt work after starting the game

[ Edited ]

I seem to have a lot of 'lastException' files in my files since the 28th. What's that?
There is a lot of stuff going on in those files....

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 1000 of 1,431 (315 Views)